Location(s): United States ; Illinois, Florida; West Melbourne, Chicago
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Transportation, we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit About Us – Job 14 Wednesday, December 07, 2016 still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Leads, consults or oversees multiple architectural engagements. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge within a domain: technical, solutions, business or information. Leads domain specific architecture. Works across multiple technical and functional domains.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role you will:
• Contributes to the development of project and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses
• Effectively monitor and control costs in the organization
• Leads and coordinates the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction across multiple teams or complex product line
• Analyzes, designs and develops a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
• Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural at domain level and across multiple teams
• Participates in the EA business-wide and domain governance model
• Leads the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities to for multiple teams or complex scenarios
• Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout the domain.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a technical area (Architecture, Software, or Information Technology) or (a high school diploma / GED with at least 8 years of experience in Information Technology or Software). employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel (10%)
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Melbourne, FL or Chicago, IL
Desired Characteristics: • Proven technical depth with Java/J2EE, EJB, JBoss, Oracle, Clustered environments, C++, Message bus (e.g. ActiveMQ, …) Services registries (e.g. Zookeeper, JBoss Fuse, …) Interface bus (e.g. RabbitMQ)
• Proven experience with architecture migration to SOA, and Micro services
• Proven experience with high scalability, high reliability architecture designs
• Proven experience with application and infrastructure architecture
• Ability to lead large scale software development design
• Experience with Scaled Agile Framework and agile development practices preferred
Locations: United States ; Illinois, Florida; West Melbourne, Chicago
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.