Field Service Manager - Subsea & Drilling APAC
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 1/23/2017 10:05:03 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Subsea & Drilling
Location(s): Singapore; Singapore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working within the complex regional matrix the Subsea & Drilling Asia Pacific Regional Field Services Leader position based in Singapore is a critical role within our business and responsible to manage all aspects of both onshore and offshore field service operations within the AP region including India. The role reports directly to the Regional Subsea Resource leader based in Singapore and has day to day reporting lines within regional matrices including the Drilling Regional General manager.
In this role the AP Regional FS leader will be responsible for successful field services execution of all Installation, commissioning of field services activities:- planning/work permits, resource optimization, working closely with ANZ FS leader to optimize the APA resource pool, execution, close collaboration with Subsea & Drilling Engineering/IS pools to ensure support is provided to ongoing operations, competency/training, reporting and data records & development and growth of our regional field services team to meet customer execution requirements.
As the Asia Pacific Regional Field Services Leader in conjunction with the ANZ FS leader/Regional Resource leader may also be actively involved to support additional operational field services activities outside of base region when requested. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Meet & exceed Billable OP plan days…Cash/Execution
• OCPD, manage cost/bullet train, cost out & maximise interco/inter regional utilisation
• Maximise regional Training/familiarisation/competency/pre-job planning, be ready to serve
• Address operating culture issues in underperforming teams, be honest with employees on performance and discuss development needs
• Be the focal point of contact, and assist in resolving operational issues
• Interact with customers to understand and meet their requirements
• Reduce NPT events and hours by 10% from 2013…simplification and customer impact
• Zero compliance and EHS events
• Driving effective and coordinated completion of all region field service activities pertaining to on-site drilling, completion, commissioning and maintenance activities
• Building and growing local regional field service strategies based on global template, i.e. number of resources, training plans, logistics, direct hires, technical support, planning etc
• Interfacing with all key stakeholders:- customers, sales, project management, operations management, rentals and integrated services to coordinate appropriate technical resources when and where required
• Partnering with region leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and growth targets are exceeded
• Be part of a regional matrix organization and partner with all the APA P&L and APA Regional leaders
• Deliver resources in line with operational need, optimizing personnel workload through continuous management of regional backlog & forecast, coordinated with Global Fulfillment and Master Planner teams to maximize global profitability
• Partnering with local HR to grow the local field resource pools, according to the local business requirements and global fulfillment workforce capacity…Drive the recruitment strategy to achieve the desired capacity for the field service organization
• Leading the local team of Field Service personnel to assure their professional development thru ongoing training targeted by the Global Vetco Gray FSCC Competency and Capability program
• Responsible for training and development of staff to meet project and growth requirements
• Leading the local logistics of all Field Crews i.e. housing, transportation, visa applications in country as applicable etc..
• Work with required business systems (ERP’s) to ensure all service activities are properly and fully documented and turned in for invoicing per company requirements
• Promote and ensure compliance to company, customer, project and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all times, leading the culture of 0 EHS incidence and open reporting
• Promote and ensure compliance to customer, company, project and regulatory Quality management systems at all times, leading the culture to minimize and eliminate customer down time
• Ensure there is an effective Compliance Culture, striving to achieve 0 Compliance Incidents
• Continuous improvement of all field service metrics, including financial, quality and EHS including managing regional departmental cost control “Bullet trains”
• Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical discipline
• 5 -10 years Subsea and Drilling experience in a Technical/Field service capacity and proven strong oral skills / organisational / managerial experience.
• PC Literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Subsea offshore experience is desired, Trees, Manifolds, Connection systems, Wellheads & Controls.
• Team player with outstanding influencing skills to perform in a matrix role
• Strong process mind set and proven track record of business impact.
• Good presentation skills
• Good negotiation skills
Locations: Singapore; Singapore