- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 1/24/2017 4:55:13 AM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital
Location(s): India; Mumbai
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Software Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Software development and maintenance of components, systems and their networks
· Analyze user needs to design and code
· Program (in C, C++, Java, etc.) all applications, components and interfaces
· Work closely with the business unit to ensure application development meets product specification requirements
· Work closely with other engineering teams, partners and vendors to ensure inter-operability and reuse
· Design, implement and test software, ensuring quality specifications are met.
· Participate actively in design and code reviews
· Drive performance and reliability enhancements
· Close interaction with customers to drive requirements and customer satisfaction
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in an IT or engineering position)
· Additional experience with code-writing in a variety of programming languages
· Exposure to Microsoft Technologies, .NET, DCOM, ATL, VC++, VB, SQL Server, Internet Technologies, SOA, Java, JBOSS, or XML
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: India; Mumbai