Bi-Lingual Customer Service Intern (May, 12-16 mnths)
Posted 2/3/2017 4:44:51 PM
Business Segment: Healthcare Global Supply Chain
Location(s): Canada ; Ontario; Mississauga
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Our division of GE Healthcare Lifesciences MDx is responsible for the sale and distribution of both Contrast Media and Nuclear Medicine products
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016.
To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Role Summary: GE Business: GE Healthcare
Location: Mississauga ON
Duration: 12 or 16
Anticipated Start Date: Spring 2017
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Logistics Leader Canada
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2017
Essential Responsibilities: The Position:
As the Bi-Lingual Customer Service Intern you will be joining a fast-paced, energetic, creative and supportive environment as part of the Bilingual Customer Service team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside an experienced team of 2 Customer Service Representatives and a Manager. You will gain exposure supporting the international Logistics, Quality Assurance, Commercial, Contracts and Accounting teams and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Provide an excellent customer service for customers, both internal GE companies, and external.
• Receive orders from customers and manage them in line with company policy and systems, following them to shipment to ensure a quality of service.
• Daily shipment documentation to be forwarded to required courier depots and follow up on shipment/order issues.
• Process and complete credit and debit rebates.
• Build up close relationships with customers and commercial partners to gain their trust and answer and respond to customer queries in a timely and professional manner.
• Develop solid product knowledge and a strong understanding of the logistics of sending specific products.
• Work as part of a team and adopt a flexible approach to increase and maintain the quality of service.
• Build effective relationships with Logistics and distribution where appropriate to understand the impact on customer service.
• Provide knowledge and accurate information to customers.
• To add and make amendments to data, following the checking and authorisations process
• Provide support, where necessary and able for the Customer Service team.
• Maintaining auditable data records for internal and external audits.
• Support and advise Customer Service team with regards to data provided and required.
• Apply and learn from the knowledge proffered by the Centre of Excellence and Quality Assurance.
• Participate in development of the ERP/SAP data team, through meetings and other planned events.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
Qualifications/Requirements: Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• Proven experience in customer service normally including at least 1 year of prior experience in customer service.
• Comfortable with managing multiple projects.
• Bi-lingual communication skills • Competent with Excel and Word
• Ability to work in a cross-functional cross-country team environment.
• Ability to manage self and tasks in an appropriate manner
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Attention to detail.
• A calm and analytical approach to problem solving.
• Willingness to work as part of a team
Focus in Business (Administration, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain & Logistics) or Arts&Science (Communications, English, Environmental Health), or equivalent related discipline.
Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Desired Characteristics: Desired:
• SAP knowledge
• Bilingual (English and French)
• Excellent mathematical skills
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.