GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
The purpose of the Electrical Fitter and Winder role is to operate as part of a team responsible for the cost effective repair and overhaul of various electrical motors and components in accordance with OEM and Quality System requirements.
Electrical Fitters and Winders will report to the Materials and Production Planner for the GE OHV long term service agreement (LTSA).
These roles will function
as a team in a self-directed teaming environment, as required by management.
Responsibilities of these roles include:
- the day to day maintenance and repair of various electric motors
- input on the daily scheduling of production work, assisting and giving input in cost reduction initiatives
- adherence to all quality and EHS policies and directives.In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. Working closely with individuals and teams such as; Operations, Service, Material Fulfilment and Supply teams.
- Ensure team compliance to GE Quality, EHS and other policies are adhered to at all times.
- Actively participate in the teaming model, including but not limited to teaming meetings and fulfilling the functions or duties decided by the team on a rotational basis.
- Conduct overhauls, rewinds and repairs on Traction Motors, Alternators and Blower Motors
- Conduct static and dynamic testing of electrical equipment.
- Estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods.
- Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition.
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies using various methods and steps, including, but not limited to: parts washers/steamers glass beads blasting, etc.
- Use precision measurement tools and equipment to determine serviceability and accurate notation of results.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies, including, but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, fans, coils, and shields.
- Re-test reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Prepare cost estimates for repair of products including description of the problem, and/or expected serviceability.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Assist other technicians and/or other shop members in skilled and/or non-skilled duties.
- Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed or as collectively decided by team.
- Participate in workplace inspections and safe work observations.
- Ensure mandatory PPE is applied.
- Comply with mandatory random drug and alcohol testing.
- Attend all teaming toolbox talks, workplace safety meetings and compliance talks.
- Undertake training required for the position.
- Work with the team to ensure flexibility and responsiveness to deliver work in accordance with customer requirements.
- Prioritise workloads.
Characteristics for this Role:
• Proven ability to identify report and address risks and work safely in manufacturing/repair facility.
• Possession of Engineering Trade Qualification Level III in Electrical Machine Repair, Electrical Fitting or equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to repair, rewind and overhaul Medium and High voltage electrical motors and generators.
• Sound communication skills including – concise verbal skills, the ability to write short technical reports and actively listen.
• Proven ability to give and receive feedback to facilitate personal growth and the growth of other team members.
• Flexible and adaptable customer solution focussed attitude.
• Demonstrated high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to perform complex problem solving
• Adhere to all company policy, procedures and training regimes
• Possession of or commitment to obtaining High Risk Work Licences – Forklift, Dogger or Rigger tickets.
• QLD electrical licencing is desirable
• Soldering qualification or experience
• Machining qualifications or experience relevant to the role is desirable.
• Brazing and/or Welding qualifications desirable.
• Engineering Trade Qualification Level III in Electrical Machine Repair, Electrical Fitting or equivalent.
• Experience in the repair, rewind and overhaul of Medium and High voltage electrical motors and generators.
• High Risk Work Licence – Forklift, Dogger or Rigger tickets are desirable. Locations: