GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions. Role Summary:
We are looking for an engaged, open-minded and well-motivated Commercial Intern
to support the ASEAN GE Digital
sales team. This paid internship will provide you with insight into sales operations within GE as well as provide you an opportunity to learn more about the new GE Digital business. Essential Responsibilities:
Qualifications/Requirements: Basic Requirements
- Organize, manage and localize available GE Digital content.
- Conduct market research and analytical work on GE Digital’s competitors.
- Conduct market research on white space conglomerates in the ASEAN region.
- Research on the available IoT/Cyber Marketing Events happening in the ASEAN region.
- Create a solution demonstration tool kit (coordination work).
- Collate marketing materials for different products offerings.
- Support management and sales reporting.
- Support the creation of customized and localized content for strategy, customer presentations, and enablement content.
- Undergraduate degree in progress.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (unofficial transcript should be available upon request).
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and familiarity with web technologies.
- In order to be considered for this role, you must submit your application through www.gecareers.com.
- In order to be considered for this role, you must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening.
- In order to be considered for this role, you must be willing to work in the period January-July 2017.
- Degree concentration in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Prior internship or work experience in an office environment.
- Knowledge and/or strong interest in digital Sales/Marketing.
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues and devise solutions.
- Able to execute, work well independently or with a group.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical and planning skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on (and manage) multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully manage a high volume of data entry.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Commercial acumen with a strong sense of urgency and detail.
- Strong team player.