Lead Operations Engineer - Technical Process Delivery
Posted 1/25/2017 9:59:43 AM
Job Function:Digital Technology
Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): United States ; Ohio; Cincinnati, Van Buren Twp
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: As a Lead Operations Engineer, you will be part of the Service Management ecosystem operations team which is a part of Core Tech Solutions. You and your team are responsible for critical systems support, application development and service automations within various instances of ServiceNow and other strategic technology. This is a deeply technical position with key focuses on REST/API integrations, cloud and orchestration automation technology.
Essential Responsibilities: • Automate technical activities with a focus on Service Management processes and technologies;
• Manage Service Management platform on a day-to-day basis, including platform upgrades, testing and remediation of performance issues as needed.;
• 24x7 on call support for Business Critical Incidents as needed.
• Deep technical knowledge (5+ years) of ServiceNow
• A solid understanding of REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML (Web Services, etc.) and working in a SaaS environment
• Expertise with databases and integration engines such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sonic, Oracle ESB, etc.
• Cloud engineering, automation and orchestration experience.;
• Partner with service management and other technical teams in driving uptime, service availability and incident resolution goals.;
• Manage/Resolve Incident and Problem tickets assigned to your team and work towards a reduction in incidents through build process enhancements, coding best practices, etc.;
• Perform continuous integration testing, code and configuration remediation and other minor enhancements.;
• Automate manual tasks, and then automate some more.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering, OR in lieu of degree: HS Diploma/GED and 6+ years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training.
• Deep technical skill (5+ years) in at least 3 of the technical areas listed above.;
• Minimum 3 years of development and/or platform management experience in ServiceNow
Desired Characteristics: • ServiceNow Certified System Administrator or other relevant certifications;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate, orally and in writing, technical information to audiences at all levels;
• Creative, innovative, and flexible, with the ability to remain enthusiastic, while multi-tasking in a fast paced environment;
• Comfortable with ambiguity, able to make decisions independently;
• Demonstrated customer focus, evaluating decisions through the eyes of the customer and partnering with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong understanding of ITIL and Service Management;
• Agile Scrum experience a plus
• Minimum 2 years of proven experience with project management methodologies
Locations: United States ; Ohio; Cincinnati, Van Buren Twp
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.