Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): United States ; Ohio, Georgia; Cincinnati, Atlanta
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Lifecycle Operations Engineer – Incident, Notifications, SLM and Operational Delivery will continuously drive the incident process and associated notification processes to ensure that we effectively manage the day to day operations across the businesses and CTS. Drive incident process reviews and improvements to ensure that the process is meeting business and CTS requirements. Analyze incident volumes and identify and work opportunities to reduce ticket volume.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role you will drive the operational delivery of our incident and notification services;
• Lead and manage the incident and associated notification and SLM processes;
• Continuously drive improvements and reductions in incident tickets – shift left;
• Partner with both core infrastructure teams and the business to measure SLA’s, OLA’s and UC’s vs. actuals across the incident process;
• Identify opportunities to automate systemic resolutions by analyzing Incident data;
• Partner with other work streams to support outcomes that improve Incident, Change, Service Request and Problem management processes.;
• Partner with the IT Risk and Compliance teams to deliver outcomes that will better protect the Company and ensure regulatory compliance
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering, OR in lieu of degree: HS Diploma/GED and 10+ years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training.;
• Minimum 5 years of IT experience with specific focus on Infrastructure technology;
• Minimum 3 years of experience in project management, quality or similar disciplines
Desired Characteristics: • Experience in IT Service Delivery process development and configuration management.;
• Background knowledge and experience with infrastructure and application delivery, including cloud computing, databases, web and application servers,;
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources;
• Demonstrated ability to implements plans with a defined rhythm, metrics and process to ensure strong focus and consistent execution. Able to create, adapt, and execute plans to unstructured and/or complex problems.;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to define and communicate complex issues clearly. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to take action despite incomplete information. Able to tactfully raise issues and voice concerns.;
• Recognizes own strengths and development needs and actively works to make improvements;
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
Locations: United States ; Ohio, Georgia; Cincinnati, Atlanta
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.