About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at www.gehealthcare.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Sr Software Engineer will join a collaborative team to design, develop and test new IoT software products tailored to modern and future technology demands of GE’s medical equipment business and customers. Our team is leveraging technology advances such as cloud computing, real time location services, intelligent devices, and big data and analytics. GE is the first to deliver cloud-enabled tools empowering healthcare providers with visibility into their patient technology assets.
• Design and program small modules or large components, feature, set of features, or whole feature area.
• May be responsible for the creation of an entire product.
• Leverages domain expertise in networks, operating systems, databases, applications or other system components.
• Leverage a strong foundation of functional skills, and knowledge of relevant technologies as listed in the requirements.
• Develop new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
• Specifies, builds a case for and presents technology needs, based on research and resource allocation.
• Works together with business leadership to achieve strategic outcomes.
• Delivers products as part of a team, and collaboratively with cross functional teams.
• May lead analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches or methods.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• 3 + years of experience in Software Development, with OOD/OOP software design patterns and principles
• Proficiency with Java 6+ and Java open-source software components
• Demonstrable experience with Spring Framework technologies (such as Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring MVC, etc.
• Web Services experience in REST (JSON, WADL) and SOAP (JAXB, WSDL, XML)
• Must be willing to travel when required (>20%)
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Glen Allen, VA
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a Background investigation and drug screen
Desired Characteristics: • Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• 5+ years of experience in Software Development in an agile environment, with OOD/OOP software design patterns and principles
• Knowledge of Relational Database modeling and concepts (SQL, referential integrity, etc.)
• Experience with Relational Database Management Systems such as Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, and/or Oracle
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.