GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of
leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless
source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and
styles…people like you!
GE is a modern technology-, service- and finance group taking on the toughest global challenges.
GE has been in Germany for 130 years and is currently represented at more than 70 locations with around 7,500+
employees. Germany is also a research and manufacturing location for GE: in one of six worldwide research centers in
Garching near Munich, GE employees work on innovations for all business segments. The business units Energy,
Healthcare, Technology Enterprises and Capital offer German customers and partners a worldwide unique, broad
product portfolio. Role Summary:
Start your career with GE’s high-powered Operations Management Leadership Program (OMLP).
This entry-level position will help you uncover your potential for leadership, develop your skills,
and follow your passion for engineering and operations to places you never thought possible.
This position is for GE Power, GE Renewable Energy, GE Oil & Gas and GE Energy Connections. Essential Responsibilities:
The OMLP Associate demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will use your
experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- The GE Operations Management Leadership Program combines broad exposure to core Supply Chain and Services job assignments along with formal classroom studies
- Due to the rotational nature of the Program, a member will typically complete three assignments over a two-year period, each approximately eight months in length that cut across different aspects in manufacturing processes, products and services
- Program members will also receive applicable technical and business training to compliment their rotational on-the-job training
- Domestic relocation is typically required while on program
- Typically a program member will have a supervisory, technical, sourcing and production /materials management assignment while on program
- Collaborate with Assignment Leader in setting and achieving realistic and challenging operationgoals
- Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of areas’ schedules, budget, quality and cost constraints while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness in results
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply operational and technical fundamentals in the business environment using analytical and problem solving skills
- Develop cooperation and teamwork while leading diverse groups in the development and implementation of team goals
- Generate innovative ideas and apply change best practices to ensure impact of key initiatives
- Complete Technical training in areas such as Contemporary Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain Management, Six Sigma Quality training with Greenbelt Certification, Environmental Health &
- Complete business training in topics such as Project Management, Team Leading
- BSc or M.S. degree with outstanding results (top 25% of class) in engineering or business management (purchasing, supply chain, operations, logistics majors are preferred)
- Fluent in both English and German, additional languages are a plus
- Commitment to a career in supply chain/ services
- Versatile interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Rotation locations vary, thus candidate must be geographically mobile (within Europe and also
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
- Strong business acumen with the ability to motivate others