GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer you will be responsible for technically leading a team of highly talented and motivated cloud system and application administrators. You will be responsible for implementing latest monitoring technologies and ensuring the uptime Service Level Agreements (SLA) are achieved. Essential Responsibilities:
As Senior Cloud Operations Engineer, you will:
Qualifications/Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
- Design, deploy and support monitoring solutions 24x7 for production and test environments
- Develop, Capture and Report fleet health metrics
- Proactively identify performance bottlenecks and assist in resolving them in collaboration with product engineering and production support
- Assist information security teams via monitoring solutions to ensure the production infrastructure remains secure
- Work with Customer Service teams to resolve customer escalations.
- Mentor junior employees within the function.
- Be available to respond to service availability issues and resolve them 24x7.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with MCA or equivalent qualification
- Over 8 years of experience, with 3-5 years in Cloud Operations configuring and defining monitoring framework and monitoring the infrastructure and services.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen as per GE policies
- Must be willing to travel as needed (roughly 10% of the time)
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore
Technical Expertise: Essential:-
Technical Expertise: Strongly Desired:-
- Experience working directly with Cloud providers/infrastructure (AWS, Azure etc.), database technologies, Linux operating system
- Supporting applications deployed on Cloud based Infrastructure like Private cloud (OpenStack, Bare Metal systems or VM based environments) or Public Cloud (Rackspace or AWS EC2 Instances or Google Cloud) or across Hybrid Cloud Environments
- Strong experience developing solutions using orchestration tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible/CFEngine etc)
- Managing and administering any monitoring tool like New Relic, HP Openview, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Nagios, OpsView or equivalent
- Strong experience in programming or scripting language (shell/perl/python or Java)
- Demonstrated experience analyzing monitoring alerts leading to troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Demonstrated skills in troubleshooting web based applications built on Apache, Tomcat, J2EE
- Supporting mission-critical systems and applications
- Training on ITIL is highly desirable
- Should have worked with globally distributed teams and be able to effectively communicate across cultures/geographies.
- Should be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Should be willing to quickly self-learn new technologies/products as needed
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Goal-oriented. Effectively balances different, competing objectives