About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: An enrolled student at an educational institution, working on a project or a specific assignment at GE to fulfill academic requirement or to gain practical training and is recruited into GE as an intern with the intention of converting him/her into a full time hire for leadership program or an entry level position.
• Works on projects often requiring independent decision-making. These projects are normally scoped to last between 2 and 6 months in duration, but can last for as long as 2 years.
• Develops PowerPoint presentations and other graphic presentations to communicate progress, share best practices, or to provide updates.
• May be asked to analyze data with excel or various other analysis tools
•May be asked to take on certain aspects of a full time job within the function the intern is studying.
•For example, may be asked to write software code if in an engineering internship or might be asked to perform compensation analysis if in a HR internship.
•May be asked to participate in early talent events, seminars or trainings.
•Performing assignments where trust and accuracy are required
Qualifications/Requirements: Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
1. High School Diploma, GED or local equivalent
2. Current enrollment in a degree program that will lead to a bachelors or technical degree or equivalent in the function (or similar) in which the intern will work OR has a bachelor’s degree or technical degree in the function (or similar) he or she is interning in.
3. Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
4. Effective time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities
5. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
1. At least 24 credit hours of coursework toward a bachelors/technical (or equivalent) degree in the function you are interning or a recent graduate from a Bachelors/technical program in the function you are interning.
2. In countries where applicable, a GPA of at least 3.0
3. Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
4. Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, maintain workflow and anticipate future needs of the team.
5. Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
6. Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction
7. Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
8. Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.