Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Hungary ; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: The SAP Release manager, working to have a best in class enterprise BASIS architecture, is a key player in Grid Solutions SAP program delivery (Core Model evolutions, roll-outs and Enterprise Standards implementations) and support on SAP Solution Manager ChaRM 7.1 in order to assist SAP ERP Team.
Essential Responsibilities: • Coordinate Release management processes and actions
• Update associated documentation (Charm 7.1 )
• Investigate issues escalated by Architecture and Support Teams
• SAP ERP calendar update
• CAB indicators update
• Change requests process documentation update
• Provide technical expertise on SAP architecture and making recommendations to improve stability
• Be up to date in technical aspects related to SAP, including HANA, Cloud and FIORI
• Provide technical leadership on upgrades and maintenance planning for SAP applications
• Coordinate and schedule system refreshes as requested
• Support the technical implementation of the SAP system landscape as it evolves with In-depth knowledge in the SAP technical areas
• Support complex trouble shooting of the technical components under your responsibility
• Support our Security and Audit Requirements & processes
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree • Experience delivering SAP Release expertise • Experience with SAP applications and databases from an architecture, infrastructure and Basis perspective • Experience using SAP Solution Manager • Experience as a Basis Administrator • General understanding of other global applications integrated with SAP (PLM, CRM, Project Management solution) • Experience working with off-shore team located in India •Periodic off-hours support for go-lives or major issues •Flexibility to travel when needed (occasional travels to Paris / potential worldwide travel on a GE site for 2-4 weeks max.)
Desired Characteristics: • Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Adept at interacting in both IT functional or technical focused discussions
• Awareness of ITIL or similar IT processes
• Global interest for new technologies
• Excellent team player, Ability to work effectively with virtual and global cross functional teams
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (in French too is a plus)
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.