Director - Software Engineering
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 1/30/2017 5:56:05 AM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital
Location(s): India; Mumbai
GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world
GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital Leadership:
As a Sr Manager - Software Engineering, you will be responsible for contributing to and leading one or more agile development teams with focus on SAAS based product development for Digital Industrial Platform(Predix – Industrial IOT Platform).
GE - Oil & Gas: https://www.youtube.com/user/geoilandgas
GE is an equal opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
Your Day at GE:
1) As the Sr Manager - Software Engineering, you are expected to have a deep understanding at High Level Design & Low level design for product. You need to understand big picture of business needs for the product line.
2) Coaching and mentoring a diverse group of software and user experience engineers and helping the team to understand & balance out technical requirement & business priority will be a part of your job.
3) Being a part of the team that works with product owners across the businesses and helping internal / external customers to understand market needs and vision; quickly being able to translate that vision into demonstrable software products.
4) You are expected to be a good communicator within both, immediate team and GE leadership and see to it that the team receives consistent messages and has deep understanding of business direction, strategy and results.
5) As a manager you need to contribute in hiring a great talent & provide continuous mentoring / grooming while still retaining existing talent to build the best team.
1) Leadership comes through technical depth within the product line and ability to lead/influence within business.
1) At least 12 years of experience with Software Design and Cloud.
2) Strong knowledge of Micro-Services, OOAnalysis & Design and Analytics is expected from a Sr Manager - Software Engineering.
3) A leader should connect effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers - globally & locally in large organizations and should help nurture the team to be a winning squad, inclusive & loyal with product for a long term.
Years of Experience:
A minimum of 12 year(s) of professional experience in software engineering with a Bachelor's Degree OR a Master's Degree with 10 year(s) of experience in software engineering. At-least 5 years of People Management Experience.
1) Begins to manage other people managers/ first time manager to other people managers. Demonstrated ability to lead through others.
2) Leads multiple agile teams. Provides strategic inputs into S2 and other business activities.
Locations: India; Mumbai