GE Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace.
We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed … so GE Works.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog. Role Summary:
The R2R Close Systems and Simplification team works to create, enhance, operate and maintain IT tools used during the financial close (general ledger) of the GE Healthcare business. As an intern, you would be contributing to the team’s daily work and helping in periodic reporting processes. The role requires collaboration and communication with multiple stakeholders in several functions on different levels of the organization. Essential Responsibilities:
- During your 6-12 months internship, you will be dedicated to the R2R Closing and Reporting group and gain experience on the job to put your knowledge into practice in a global closing environment.
- You will contribute to the team’s effort in maintaining IT tools on different platforms: MS Excel, Access and SupportCentral (a GE specific enterprise content management platform)
- You will have the opportunity to work on simplification projects
- You will have the chance to become familiar with multiple tools and processes and practice your technical and language skills in business environment.
What we can offer:
- Dynamic, friendly, international workplace
- Supportive team spirit which helps developing the technical knowledge as well as the soft skills
- Use the accounting technical knowledge in practice
- Opportunity to secure permanent placement within GE
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Having active student enrollment for min. 6 months,
- 25-40 hours/week working availability is preferred with flexible schedule
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Strong Excel knowledge (VBA knowledge is an advantage)
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Oracle and/or SAP knowledge is an advantage
- Flexible approach and self-motivated with strong team spirit
- Embraces opportunities for learning
- Professional work ethic
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary
Locations: Hungary; Budapest