Business Segment: Current & Lighting Current Powered by GE
Location(s): United States ; Massachusetts; Boston
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Commercial Communications Leader is responsible for effectively developing and executing our holistic commercial communications strategy, including marketing & customer communications, internal team communications, new product/technology introductions, deal win announcements and other customer-related communications activities.
Essential Responsibilities: • Partner with commercial & marketing teams to develop & execute strategic, outcome-oriented communications campaigns that help drive orders & sales growth; establish common goals, objectives and operating mechanisms across all three functions.
• Establish strong working relationships across the global Current & GE communications team to ensure consistent tone, alignment on key priorities, and global & local activation of key internal & external initiatives; ensure customer & media strategies are robust & complementary.
• Build & own commercial editorial calendar for customer-oriented messaging & touchpoints; partner with marketing team to drive alignment of key events & other initiatives across functions.
• Enhance Current’s brand & reputation by supporting key leaders with messaging & content development for speaking opportunities at strategic customer & industry events.
• Manage relevant budget and expenditures related to customer communications activities; interface with key stakeholders to drive first class delivery & 360-degree storytelling across a variety of communication channels.
• Protect & defend the reputation of Current; support all crisis communications activities that could negatively impact customer relationships.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing, or a related field.
• Minimum 7+ years of experience covering marketing communications, PR, or organizational communications.
• Proven ability to prepare strategic communications plans and deliver strategic advice/counsel to executives as well as the ability to deliver at the tactical level.
• Excellent written communication, presentation and planning skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly, tailoring communications to match specific customer needs.
• Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully lead multiple projects/initiatives within communications/PR function; able to quickly grasp new ideas; able to simplify strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, make decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicate priorities clearly and concisely.
• Experience working across multiple levels of an organization (including executive level) ; able to clearly communicate complex information in a simple manner; able to deliver key messages effectively both verbally and in writing, with excellent application of English language.
• Experience working with video (storyboarding, filming & editing), plus web and social media content development; comfortable using Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to plan & manage a limited budget, with expenditures clearly tied to defined metrics and outcomes for all major projects & initiatives.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.