Senior Digital Product Manager
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 1/31/2017 1:58:04 PM
- Job Function: Product Management
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): United Kingdom; Leicester
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future. Role Summary:
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
This role will take the lead in driving a digital product and solutions strategy for the pressure business. It will have responsibility for driving a greater share that meet customers’ requirements and help drive top line growth. The role shall have ownership of our key software solutions for the Test & Cal product range as well as other work streams that leverage new digital technology. This is a key new role that will act as an evangelist to drive growth based on digital technology. Essential Responsibilities:
- Be the product manager & owner for our new 4 Sight2.0 calibration manager software platform. Successfully oversee the development of this major NPI programme and its commercial launch. Ensure both deployment and technical evolution are a success and achieve their target sales. This includes owning pricing and margin for the product.
- Drive greater adoption of new digital technologies across the whole pressure product range including within our services business. This could involve implementing digital technologies within existing hardware products, creating new hardware products that are digitally enabled or creating new digital services and solutions.
- Act as a source of knowledge and advice on digital technologies for the pressure business globally.
- Understand what digital services and solutions our customers need and will require in the future.
- Drive a global digital strategy supporting the annual pressure business strategic growth plan (Growth Playbook) in conjunction with region P&L leaders, product pillar leaders, fulfilment organizations, marketing & engineering; aligning digital capabilities with market conditions to achieve product line growth & profitability objectives.
- Based in Leicester, UK with travel up to 20% of the time and international travel required
- Partner with marketing & sales team to develop internal/external messaging around digitalisation of new products
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering or science based discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience. Experience in software especially welcome.
- An understanding and willingness to learn typical customer applications for the Druck range of test tools, portable calibrators, pressure controllers, pitot static testers and calibration software.
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
- An understanding of calibration and uncertainty budget calculation
- Fluent English with good communication skills and able to present to a group
- An understanding of product technical regulations and standards (TRS)
- Ability to produce a technical proposal
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Excellent knowledge of digital technologies and how digital can be leveraged in a product environment including software and hardware.
- Strong product management and product leadership
- Strong commercial understanding.
- Demonstrated leadership & ability to influence in a cross-functional, matrix team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to deliver executive level presentations
- Proven analytical skill set & strategic mind-set
- Proven success in a role requiring process & service management skills
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with high level of accuracy
United Kingdom; Leicester