Account Manager (Chemistry) - GE Water Technologies
- GE Power
- Posted 7/21/2017 10:50:04 AM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Canada; Alberta; Fort McMurray
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
Our technology helps customers reduce costs, meet environmental regulations and prepare for the evolving demands of their industry.
Bringing together experienced professionals and advanced technologies to solve the world's most complex challenges related to water availability, quality, productivity, the environment and energy.
Responsible for the effective and profitable management of assigned customer accounts and developing new business from prospecting to close. Full responsibility for driving, penetrating and owning customer relationship. Responsible for growth targets, budgets and customer service resolution.
- Growing & maintaining existing account(s)
- Works with current customers to provide value & meet service needs.
- Participates in sales calls to develop new accounts.
- Outlines, presents and sells the value of our products and services that can benefit our customer needs.
- Participates in plant visits to gather samples, observe instruments, and obtain information and analyzes/interpret results and reports any corrective actions to the customer.
- Conducts required training of operating personnel to ensure their understanding of the parameters under which their equipment operates.
- Builds upon internal relationships and starts to develop strong relationships with customers.
- Leverages client input for feedback to commercial teams (Marketing and Sales) in new product development and industry trends. Develop and manage penetration strategies for key target accounts, with external and internal stakeholder input
- Partners with peers and management to enhance selling techniques and approaches.
- Effectively coordinates relationships and interfaces with Commercial Operations, Technical Marketing, Product management and other functions.
- Documentation of observations at plant visits updates and contributes final reports intended for an internal audience.
- Is able to effectively manage time and budget or expense parameters
While living in Fort McMurray you will receive a Northern Living Allowance and retention bonus. Subsequent to minimum 3 year term in Ft.McMurray candidate can remain in Ft.McMurray or transfer to Account Manager positions throughout Canada
- Experience in direct sales, account, or team leadership or industry operations is an asset
- B.Sc. Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, or Mechanical), Biology, or Chemistry, OR Bachelors Degree in any discipline plus 2 years experience in the water treatment field.
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities.
- Demonstrated sales/people skills and/or aptitude.
- The candidate must possess solid communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Strong oral and written communication skills
-Candidate should have a proven sales record or show that he/she has the aptitude to succeed in a technical and relationship driven business.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- The candidate must be willing to work independently (after proper training) and be a self-starter.
- Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
Valid Drivers License is required
You will be home based and travel to customer site as required. You will be part of the local Fort McMurray team. A company vehicle is provided.
Locations: Canada; Alberta; Fort McMurray