Staff Operations Engineer-Technical Process Delivery
Posted 1/31/2017 3:57:00 PM
Job Function:Digital Technology
Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): United States ; Ohio; Cincinnati
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Responsible for critical systems support, application development and service automations within various instances of ServiceNow and other strategic technology. This is a deeply technical position with focus on automating and optimizing key tasks within the Service Management ecosystem, with a focus on creating reusable scripts, automations and self-service tools. You will bring your eye for detail and for eliminating unnecessary work to bear on optimizing and creating new technical processes.
Essential Responsibilities: • Automate technical activities with a focus on Service Management processes and technologies.;
• Perform continuous integration testing, code and configuration remediation and other minor enhancements.;
• Manage Service Management platform on a day-to-day basis, including platform upgrades, testing and remediation of performance issues as needed. Work to reduce incidents through build process enhancements, coding best practices, etc.;
• 24x7 on call support for Business Critical Incidents as needed.
• Deep technical knowledge of ServiceNow;
• A solid understanding of REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML (Web Services, etc.) and working in a SaaS environment;
• Exposure to databases and integration engines such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sonic, Oracle ESB, etc;
• Cloud engineering, automation and orchestration experience.;
• Partnering with service management and other technical teams in driving uptime, service availability and incident resolution goals.;
• Manage/Resolve Incident and Problem tickets assigned to your team and work towards a reduction in incidents through build process enhancements, coding best practices, etc.;
• Automate manual tasks, and then automate some more.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering, OR in lieu of degree: HS Diploma/GED and 6+ years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training.;
• Minimum 1 years of development and/or platform management experience in ServiceNow or similar platform
Desired Characteristics: • ServiceNow Certified System Administrator or other relevant certifications
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate, orally and in writing, technical information to audiences at all levels;
• Creative, innovative, and flexible, with the ability to remain enthusiastic, while multi-tasking in a fast paced environment;
• Comfortable with ambiguity, able to make decisions independently
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.