About Us: What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world. We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare. Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do! At work for a healthier world. target=“_blank”>Learn More About Careers at GE
Role Summary: We seek an experienced Software Engineer within Chemistry Systems, Core Imaging. Role will be responsible for developing application software for FASTlab™ and TRACERlab™ synthesizers, an integral part of distributed software components running on different hardware platforms within our devices. Part of a small new team of 12, this is a unique opportunity to help build an organization from the start with the benefit of guidance and support from other established and related business teams.
Essential Responsibilities: • Work closely with systems teams in requirements gathering and software design.
• Transfer and implementation of design requirements into application software
• Leveraging DFR for software, Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the product development life cycle
• Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
• Designing and building strong testing infrastructure to support automated testing and minimize dependency on hardware availability.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field education.
• At least significant years’ experience developing software for complex systems or computerized products
• Experience in object oriented design methodology and MicrosoftTM Visual Studio environment, especially C#/.NET
• Knowledge of TFS management and WPF design technology is appreciated
• Willingness to travel abroad about once a month.
Desired Characteristics: • Ability to work autonomously with a highly collaborative attitude in a distributed and diverse team.
• Customer focused: Strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen to customer, build relationships and work under pressure.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.