APAC Region Product Marketing Director - Xray
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 2/1/2017 3:55:00 AM
- Job Function: Marketing
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): Australia, Japan, Republic of Korea
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The role develops a regional portfolio strategy including product positioning, market segmentation/targeting and installed base retention for GE Women Health & RAD/R&F modalities in the APAC region. Responsible for generating growth through demand creation and funnel acceleration in partnership with Field Marketing teams and supporting future product planning by identifying market trends, relevant buying centers and personas, and customer needs.
Women Health modality comprises of mammography and bone health systems & solutions. The Rad/R&F modality comprises of Radiography and Radiography & Fluoroscopy systems. APAC region is the combination of Japan, Korea, Australia & New Zealand.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
•Collecting win/loss & competitive insights on product portfolio at regional level; feedback to global product team; recommend and develop marketing programs to adjust product positioning and improve win rate.
•Ensuring regional marketing plans & execution are aligned with global marketing plan (value proposition, positioning, marketing mix, etc.) to grow orders and market share.
•Providing region input to business cases for products/upgrades that are at concept stage, work with Global Product Marketing to develop, test and prototype new product ideas
•Conducting in-depth research to define customer problem statement, success metrics, clinical and economic needs, buying cycles, and personas (to support development of global MRD).
•Driving commercial launch of new products and validating/localizing global value proposition and messaging.
•Prioritizing and mapping customer segments and works with each region’s Field Marketing team on demand creation activities.
•Developing regional thought leadership and promotion strategy in support of demand creation and funnel acceleration activities.
•Adapting global marketing assets (including sales tools) to ensure that the region commercial organization has the right tools to position and sell product configurations / portfolio effectively.
•Providing commercial teams product knowledge in product use, differentiation, positioning and pricing
•Coordinating product training for commercial teams (direct & indirect) by leveraging Global Product Marketing and Global Product Management support
•Developing and supporting product-specific KOL’s and advisory boards.
•Identifying and establishing reference and show sites.
•Hiring, directly supervising and developing effectively a team of professional marketers
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
2. Minimum 10 years commercial experience including 5+ years’ in marketing, product marketing or related field
3. Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
4. Prior experience in a leadership role with direct reports
5. Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
6. Excellent oral and written communications skills (English)
7. Strong analytical and process skills
1. MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
2. 5+ years’ experience in B-to-B marketing ideally in Asia-Pacific
3. Medical imaging equipment industry acumen
4. Deep marketing expertise in market & customer insights and product commercialization
Locations: Australia, Japan, Republic of Korea