Lead Engineer-Product Service and Top Issues
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:37:47 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Wind Lead Engineer-Product Service and Top Issues will be responsible to lead the resolution of technical issues which affect the reliable operation of the APAC Region. They will also work in close cooperation with the engineering and other functions to improve the turbine performance based on statistical data. And also, this individual will maintain clear & consistent communications for ongoing top issues, accomplish cost avoidance, cost of quality reduction, & support vendor recovery.
In this role, you will work closely with Sourcing, Services and Design Engineering teams to isolate root cause of technical issues affecting the wind turbine fleet, develop both corrective and preventive actions, validate the effectiveness of corrective actions and support the implementation of those actions across the affected fleet.
• You will be expected to collect and analyze data from the affected wind turbines, perform analyses as required
• Develop physics based hypotheses explaining the issue, take measurements on operating turbines if required, develop corrective actions, validate the corrective actions, and support the teams implementing the solutions across the fleet.
• You will present this work both internally and to customers at various levels of responsibility.
• Transfer and follow-up of design improvements and retrofits to the Top Issues Team
• Creation of work instructions and verification of technical wind turbine documentation
• Lead resolution of technical issues affecting all or parts of the Wind Turbine Generator fleet
• Lead resolution of Pre-COD and Post COD Service Now cases for APAC working with various functions/teams.
• Collaborate with other Renewables functions to determine root cause and define both corrective and preventive actions for fleet issues with time bound manner.
• Collect operational data, either from standard turbine or custom instrumentation, to aid in finding root cause
• Perform, or lead an outside supplier, to either run experiments or analyses that aid in finding root cause
• Validate the effectiveness of proposed fleet solutions and support their implementation in the fleet
• Effectively present the results of the technical issue resolution process both internally and to customers
• Ensure the prescribed ‘8D’ methodology, contained within the ‘FRO-014’ ISO Process, is followed to ensure the rigorous disposition of all technical issues.
• Work closely with Services team to ensure availability and reliability of fleet
• Work with Turbine Operations team and build synergy with other ROC centers and controls optimization.
• Work with Quality team to implement Fleet challenges and implement corrective actions
• Collaborate with Global Top Issues team to drive Top Issues programs for the region
• Be responsible for the program management of field quality issues for GE Wind
• Challenge the team for productivity and cost saving solutions
• Manage the cost of quality for our business as it relates to implementing solutions for field quality issues
• Support commercial and technical discussions with our suppliers to achieve field quality issue resolution
• Travel to customer / supplier sites to lead the validation or testing of field solutions before releasing widespread
• Prepare technical information letters and manage clear and consistent communications for internal and external Customers
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 8 years of professional technical experience with minimum of 5 years of technical experience in wind turbine or equivalent power generation engineering function
• Knowledge on wind turbine mechanical components such as gearbox, pitch gear system, yaw gear system, bearings and other sub-systems, structures or similar experience are considered as added advantage for this role
• Flexible to travel up to 20% of the time as required domestic and internationally
• Strong technical analysis skills (ability to propose physics based models and validate them with data analysis)
• Prior experience with GE WTG operability systems
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English
• Ability to make decisions and to accept responsibility
• Strong quality awareness and ability to identify future failures, defects and problems
• Ability to work with multicultural teams, strong team player
• Ability to work within structured work methods
• High flexibility and motivation with customer centric mindset
• Willingness to climb turbines when necessary, ability to work at heights
• Willingness to travel to customer sites at short notice to resolve technical challenges
• Good knowledge on digital tools and MS office tools such as excel, power point, Access, outlook etc.
Locations: India; Bangalore