GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
In this role, you will be responsible for driving flexible pipe systems design optimization initiatives across the organization. Demonstrating your ability to think creatively, you will focus on taking a product line with the intention of driving greater cost effectiveness and consistency across the globe.
Main areas of focus will be: design flow optimization (Digital Thread) to reduce engineering cycle time both during ITO and OTR, product standardization aimed to reduce cost and optimize supply chain lead times, value engineering.
You will have the responsibility for preparing an overall plan to meet the required objectives; the plan should include required resources and clear milestones. You will then assure plan execution.
You will be accountable for the implementation of the Digital Thread strategy and Product Structuring initiatives. Additionally, you will be responsible for defining strategy goals together with WSM Product Leadership, Engineering Leaders, Manufacturing and Sourcing Digital Thread strategy will leverage on the existing PLM platform and should enable a flexible pipe system optimization in ITO to improve our cost competitiveness while creating a strong link with OTR thus reducing engineering lead time during project execution. Product structuring should allow to optimize ancillaries design, enabling full should cost and detailed configuration into early Ito stage. You will demonstrate accountability for cross functional and broad business objectives. The focus will be on how to integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s), be involved in short-medium-long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
This role will mainly focus on existing technologies, configuration options and suppliers agreements, therefore this role will require an application focus to make systems configuration leaner, cheaper, faster and smarter to optimize the wing to wing product life cycle from ITO to installation. Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Structural, Controls, Electrical, or other related Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge and experience with proven years’ experience managing technical teams and cross functional projects with financial targets and with increasing responsibility.
- Good familiarity with the organization’s core technologies, systems and applications.
- Strong operational experience in requisition engineering and design.
- Strategic vision for innovative company internal processes.
- Proven track record of executing against assigned goals, capable of planning and executing projects
- Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
- Able to balance multiple priorities
- English fluency, Strong verbal and written communication skills
- EU Work Permit
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Self-starter, highly motivated and detail-oriented, organized and flexible
- Excellent cross-functional interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Self-confidence for a fast paced, multi-tasking, growth environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills to enable clear and concise delivery of information to internal stakeholders
- Good influencing skills, team player
United Kingdom; Newcastle-upon-Tyne