About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.
Role Summary: The QA Engineer – as a member of the Szeged based team – develops tests for Cloud based Healthcare software solutions with other teams of a large organization.
In this role you will:
- Apply various testing types (system, component and integration) and methodologies effectively
- Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
- Collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
- Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
- Take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
Strong development experience
Professional experience in the industry
Intermediate level oral and written English communication
Java, AngularJS skills
Experience with Selenium testing
Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
Ability to break down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.