GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Working for GE Oil & Gas is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The AIS Lead Technician Level II NDT is responsible for on-site inspection for the customer. The goal of the Lead Technician is Operation Excellence and Technical Quality. This position is part of the Delivery Process and is expected to lead other NDE technicians and project personnel in providing the primary service of inspection performance to the Client.
Where qualified the position supports training, technique development, and delivery of specialized services utilizing automated and computerized inspection systems. Inspections will be performed in multiple industries including petrochemical, refineries, power plants, and pipelines around the world.
This position will be key in driving quality level II inspections as well as developing level I expertise within the team. In this role, you will represent Measurement & Control as an experienced and fully qualified Lead Technician / Level II
In addition, you will:
- Work with level III and Engineering to establish inspection techniques and procedures that will be used by the AIS team to perform inspections at Nuclear Power Plants, O&G, Petro Chemical, Wind and various other industrial sites globally
- Engage with engineering organization during the development phase of programs to ensure a clean & timely transition to the field
- Target 70% billable field service work
- Work with AIS level III to establish & maintain a team training matrix for technical, product, EHS & process skills
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Understand and interpret codes, standards and specifications related to NDT inspections in given industrial environment
- Review incoming reports and oversee data quality to ensure that they meet all procedural and code requirements
- Become highly cross-trained across multiple product platforms & technologies, while maintaining depth in a core subject
- Provide "Quality Control" in the field; ensure high procedural compliance & performance in front of customers
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (or a NDT Diploma / NDT Master with significant experience in a field services position)
- Significant experience in a field service role
- Must hold or can obtain a required certification to work offshore
- Ability and willingness to travel to Europe & Internationally, as required
- Level II EN ISO9712 certifications in VT, UT, ET, (PT, MT helpful)
- Spoken and written command of the German and English language
- Phased Array UT knowledge
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Experience reading prints
- Excellent client service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
Locations: Germany, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Italy; Southern part of Germany