GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to re-position the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
The Process Engineer will join Municipal Process Essential Responsibilities:
Engineering to contribute high level market expertise as a Sr Process Engineer. The candidate will demonstrate technical leadership in supporting the
sale and execution of new municipal wastewater treatment systems developed
using primarily MBR, MABR, and thickening technologies. You will work within the Municipal Customer Fulfilment & Engineering to support
Sales, Project Mgt., Mech Eng, ICE, and Commissioning.
- Review of all final proposals and bid documents for projects
for accuracy, competitiveness and compliance with design standards. Develop
bidding strategies and design concepts with Commercial Engineer and Sales
Manager to win.
- Develop process designs and experimental programs for
pilots to ensure competitiveness and process optimization. Review and approve
operating changes. Review work plans prepared by Pilot Project Manager. Review
and approve pilot reports.
- Assist Sales Manager in strategic positioning on key
projects in the Region.
- Develop/maintain relationships with key regional
- Develop/maintain relationships with key regional
regulators. Provide support with respect to regulatory requirements.
- Mentor to Commercial Engineers, as well as to other
Process Engineers within the team to develop their technical and commercial
expertise. • Present Technical Papers at conferences or seminars.
- Support project execution through review of the control
narrative, engineering drawings, and O&M manuals for projects in the
Region. Support plant commissioning and performance testing.
- Document lesson learned from operating plants and provide
feedback to Process Group and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or other
technical discipline with emphasis in process design and/or controls of
wastewater treatment unit operations.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, preferably 15
years or more.
- Technical leadership in the field of wastewater treatment,
with significant experience with the design and optimization of MBR and MABR
technologies, as well as CAS, in municipal WWTPs.
- Proficiency with Biowin software; experience with GPS-X
software an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
(English) and contribute on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Post graduate degree (preferably).
- Background in consulting.
- Publications in relevant industry journals, or conference
- Experience with modeling WWTP processes.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving, ,
influencing, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to make good business decisions.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, including
customers, and other employees of organization, with experience presenting at
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished
in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Self-motivated, ability to drive projects to completion
with minimal oversight, while demonstrating significant problem solving ability
with an unfailing dedication to deadlines and commitments.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power
Terms of Employment
This is a permanent Full Time position based in Oakville
Ontario (please see complete business and employment location below) with a
salary range of $110000-$126000 with up to 10% bonus can be earned if position
and company deliverables are achieved. Salary reviews are conducted
annually. Comprehensive benefits will be included (e.g.:pension/health/dental,
and other benefits).
GE Water & Process Technologies
3239 Dundas Street West Oakville Ontario
To apply for this
opportunity please ONLY apply via this website
information for this position is Raffaela Gilbert (Recruitment
GE announced they signed a Locations:
definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ,
a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and
waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing
conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect
this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate
business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its
commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring
strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is
targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017
Canada; Ontario; Oakville