Manufacturing Engineering - AE
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 2/2/2017 1:55:10 AM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization India
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the Manufacturing Technician is responsible for developing and machining of machined parts. That includes CNC programming, tool setting, fixture setting, and machining of parts with overall productivity improvement.
• Operate and maintain MULTIAXIS CNC Tube bending machines (Make: CRIPPA), Tube Cut-Off and chemical cleaning.
• Preparation of bending programs with tool selection to optimize production performance on both quality and quantity
• Assist MPE during prove out of parts at supplier location and GE site on CNC tube bending machines.
• Ability to complete stage inspection of parts using various Inspection tools and measuring instruments like UT thickness meter, vernier caliper, micrometer, height gauges, bore indicators etc
• Clear and effective documentation of the results obtained during the measurement and manufacturing process in FAI reports and ongoing manufacturing
• Effective problem solving on tools, fixtures, programs, material and machine applications.
• Follow standard cycle time on manufacturing process and monitor the actual achievement.
• Drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing process through kaizens in the areas of cycle time, cost of process including but not limited to consumables, improved delivery to customer and safety of man & machine.
• Study the types of parts, components, sub-assemblies and understand their overall manufacturing process and be able to provide inputs for improvement
• Study the process / routing in relation with fixtures / tools and readiness for the prove out
• Support through data collection the statistical approach on manufacturing performance reporting and analysis on manufacturing variances
• Actively support EHS programs in the plant
• Implement productivity actions in order to improve the process
1. Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
2. First Class diploma in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent engineering discipline.
3. 4-6 Years of experience in engineering industry – with firsthand experience on CNC Tube bending machines.
4. Knowledge in machining process, CNC programing, Inspection, fixtures and toolings.
1. Programming on Bending machine.
2. Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
Locations: India; Pune