GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
FMP is a two-year early career rotational development program and a proven path for accelerated career growth. The program combines coursework, a variety of job assignments and interaction with GE leaders to build exceptional corporate finance and business skills. The FMP community spans 45 countries today. Essential Responsibilities:
|Typical Activities (Note: Not all of these activities may be undertaken but are representative of the type and level of work that may be undertaken while on program. Activities are undertaken with appropriate levels guidance and coaching)|
• Complete assigned financial analysis during rotational assignment
• Implement process improvements to increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness
• Program members work as an integrated part of a finance team (e.g. FP&A, controllership, etc.) to help achieve the group & business targets.
• Prepares financial analysis for use in the development of business strategies and tactics
• Financial analysis: investigate and report on key drivers and variances vs. forecast
• Supports the development of long-range financial forecasts, related budgets and reports.
• Budget planning and analysis: Assist in the creation of budgets, track actual expenses vs.budget, perform variance analysis and provide meaningful insight to functional owners to help meet budget goals, handle quarterly closing responsibilities including billing & expense accruals.
• Controllership analyst responsibilities (e.g. SOX testing, account reconciliations, cash pool reconciliations, government reporting)
• Assist in communicating financial results, estimates work on internal presentations on financial results
• Contribute to implementation and standardization of key operating processes and support other strategic projects
• Identify key risks & opportunities that impact financial performance
• Quantifies the financial impact of business opportunities or issues. This may include determining ROI or payback period for proposed capital expenditures,
new products or other investments.
• Specific areas of financial analysis include:
o Commercial analytics
o Orders validation and analysis
o Inventory estimates & reporting
o Net income & ENI estimates
o Fixed asset or inventory accounting
o General or cost accounting activities requiring insight and depth of understanding
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Studies or Economics preferred
- Excellent academic record
- Demonstrates interest and competency in finance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or any related major
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale is required
- Geographic mobility
- MUST have legal work authorization in Malaysia (no work permits/visa will be processed for this vacancy)
- Less than 2 years full-time external work experience
- MUST be able to start by July 2017.
|• Self-motivated and driven|
• Problem solver, analytical and clear thinker
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
• Flexible, adaptable and geographically mobile
• Ability to lead and work towards an end goal with strong time-management skills
• Willing to push themselves by working with an extensive network of people and in a diverse environment
Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur