About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: The UK Controller is responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Intermediate level professional positions requiring subject matter knowledge and experience, more independence in problem solving and decision making.
• Managing closing activities for UK legal entities including late journal entry process, balance sheet analysis and review and representation letter • Managing regular pulse process that enables stakeholders in Tier 2 P&Ls, Global Operations Finance (GOF), Controllership, operational finance and HQ team to effectively exchange information & ensure appropriateness of the financial statements • Perform financial analysis of UK balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances/financial reporting, effectiveness of business processes and preparation/review performed in coordination with GOF and Tier 2 P&Ls. • Become a trusted partner for the business. Understand and anticipate their needs, and help Tier 2 P&Ls deliver on critical requirements. Establish oneself as the single point of contact supporting B/S commentary and analysis request • Work closely with financial and operational leadership to pro-actively assess and manage financial risk • Build and leverage strong cross functional relationships with GOF, Tier 2 P&Ls and with key business stakeholders • Responsibility for account reconciliation preparation and review of key account reconciliations to ensure quality of the account reconciliations and adherence to GE MAP requirements • Own the KPMG relationship for statutory and group reporting purposes.
• Qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAEW/ICAS/ACCA), ideally with public accounting experience from a large practice
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
• Demonstrated experience in Financial Reporting with the ability to look at financial statements and identify key risks
• Experience working within an industrial business or working with large industrial clients (understand revenue recognition, inventory accounting)
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. • Ability to influence others and lead small teams. • Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. • Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. • Effective problem identification and solution skills. • Proven analytical and organizational ability. • Ability to work with teams across functions and around the globe
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.