GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Onshore Wind Engineering Performance team is responsible for defining performance requirements of wind turbines, ensuring that the design meets these requirements, developing simulation capabilities, and executing simulations.
The Performance team is seeking a Dynamic System Modeling Lead Engineer for GE’s wind turbine products. The Dynamic System Modeling Lead Engineer will develop and employ multibody simulation capabilities with the necessary level of fidelity to ensure reliable and robust wind turbine designs. The development of multibody simulation capability will entail coding / scripting work.
As the Dynamic System Modeling Lead Engineer, you will:
- Develop and implement dynamic system modeling capability including coding / scripting
- Execute multibody simulations for new product development and readiness-to-serve activities
- Work closely with subsystem / component teams to understand modeling requirements & CTQs (Critical to Quality), for the purposes of correct modeling and to enable others to effectively use and run the simulations
- Work with the loads / system simulation team for coordinated use and development of modeling capability
- Develop technical documentation, including but not limited to training material, to empower others to effectively use multibody simulation software
- Ensure simulations meet accuracy requirements and recommend validation plans
- Leverage test data from component test, drivetrain test stands and prototype testing
- Contribute to Performance requirements (through Design Memos)
- Contribute to relevant design practice(s)
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or equivalent knowledge / experience
- Some experience in multibody simulations or related
- EU Work Permit if hired in Spain
Nonnational candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
Please Note: If being hired to United States location - GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Development experience with commercial multibody simulation software such as but not limited to ADAMS, Simpack, SAMCEF
- Demonstrated direct experience in executing multibody simulations in tools such as Simpack, ADAMs, SAMCEF, etc.
- Strong desire for code development (coding / scripting work)
- Ability to work in a global, matrix organizational environment
- Experience in coding / scripting preferably related to multibody simulation
- Software development experience
- Experience with finite-element modeling such as but not limited to ANSYS
- Experience with CAD software such as but not limited to Unigraphics (NX), CATIA, SOLIDWORKS
- Wind turbine engineering experience
- Conceptual and theoretical understanding and practical experience in dynamics, including structural dynamics problems in time domain and rotational dynamics
- Master's Degree in engineering or equivalent knowledge / experience
- System or product level mindset
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: Spain, United Kingdom, United States; South Carolina; Barcelona, Greenville, Southampton