Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): Czech Republic ; Prague
About Us: At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Role Summary: GE Aviation Czech is undergoing an exciting digital transformation across its entire organisation that will make it a leader in design and product definition. Over the past few years we have built the foundations of this system and are now looking to extend this to build a simpler, more efficient system that connects the whole product lifecycle together.
Essential Responsibilities: We are looking for a student with the right skills and attitude to be part of this transformation. This person will be responsible for the digitisation of our existing aircraft engine test hardware; taking the physical hardware and converting it into a set of validated and approved CAD models. These CAD models will allow a controlled interface definition to the engine under test and ensure that the test equipment and engine will function together. This work will support test and engine development for our current H80 product line as well as the new Advance Turboprop (ATP) currently under active development.
In this role, your responsibilities will be:
• Investigating methods for efficient and accurate digitisation of physical products ("measurement and draw", 3D scanning, etc);
• Digitisation of engine test hardware; taking the physical hardware and converting it into a set of validated and approved CAD models and drawings;
• Completing CAD models and Drawings according to Company Standards;
• Coordinating with engine designers to ensure correct interface definitions; • Support proof-of-concept trials for the introduction of PMI based definition of the test hardware.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Currently a senior and well graded University student of a CAD based mechanical product definition program;
• Practical experience with Siemens Unigraphics NX (preferable version 10);
• Understanding of PMI principles;
• Fluent communication in English is required.
Desired Characteristics: • Self-motivated and independent with a desire to see the final solution delivered;
• Team player with good communication skills;
• An attitude and eye for the fine details and accuracy; the solution must be of high quality.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.