Business Segment: Energy Connections Grid Solutions
Location(s): Canada ; Ontario; Markham
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016.
To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Role Summary: GE Business: GE Grid Automation - Multilin
Location: Markham, Ontario
Duration: 4 – 8 months
Anticipated Start Date: May 2017
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Senior Customer Service Manager
Application Deadline: February 12th, 2017
Essential Responsibilities: The Position:
As the Technical Services Analytics Intern you will be joining a high performing and very motivated environment as part of the North American Technical Support team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the fields of Technical Support, Engineering, Marketing and Sales. You will gain an understanding of product obsolescence and the impact it has on our customers while contributing to the deliverables of the Lifecycle Management Program.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Develop whitepaper on the impact of product obsolescence as it relates to our portfolio
• Kick start a program to build a greater social media presence (ie. Design an App, expand our online presence on Linked In, GE website, etc.) to promote the Lifecycle Management program
• Measure the LCM Program against realized orders (ie. Program Value)
• Creating standardized reports for identifying Lifecycle Management initiatives
Qualifications/Requirements: Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Strong knowledge of Social Media tools
• Process Improvement mindset
• Very proficient in Microsoft office, especially Microsoft Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills • Ability to analyze data for trends
• Great leadership and self-initiative skills
• Bachelor Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Materials) Business (Analytics, Administration, Marketing, Operations) Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent related discipline
• This opportunity is intended for current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term. It is not intended for candidates who will have graduated prior to the start of this position.
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.