Business Segment: Global Operations Human Resources
Location(s): United States ; New York; Schenectady
About Us: GE Global Operations is GE’s shared services organization. We deliver processes in every business and every region around the world. In Finance, Supply Chain, Tax, Commercial Operations, HR Operations, EHS, Enterprise Data and IT, we are simplifying the way we work to create better outcomes at lower cost for GE and our customers. We foster rewarding career opportunities that expand horizons, enhance skills, and maximize potential. We strive to be the world’s best shared services operation, enabling GE's strategy by delivering for our customers, businesses, investors and employees.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: In this role you will support delivery of our compensation plans, ensuring quality and compliance, to more than 450K employees and pensioners across 90 countries. Plans include North American Payroll, Executive Comp, Global Equity, Pension and Benefit Plans. You will develop domain expertise in payroll plans, tax & compensation regulations, and process excellence. You will develop an expertise with Federal and State regulations and communicate with jurisdictions regularly.
Essential Responsibilities: • Responsible for successful execution & oversight of a process, or a set of processes – driving delivery, quality, and compliance
• Maintain & analyze performance metrics
• Drive increased productivity and compliance through process improvements, standardization and simplification
• Promote "Best in Class" Service while working cross functionally with internal teams and suppliers
• Advise and resolve complex questions/requests/issues for customers (GE Businesses, HR, employees)
• Work collaboratively across internal teams and establish strong working relationships with GE Businesses and key stakeholders
• Build technical competency in triage, problem solving, and system enhancements
• Build process competency through LEAN
• Continuously build and share area of expertise; keep current with internal and external updates and changes
• Support cross-functional project efforts
Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma/GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in a related area)
Desired Characteristics: • Demonstrated strong analytical and clear thinking skills; experience identifying trends and implementing process improvements
• Demonstrated communication skills and ability to work/collaborate within a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
• Strong presentation and status reporting skills
• Demonstrated success in process improvement and project management
• Demonstrated leadership and strong facilitation skills
• Prior experience in a Pay & Benefits role
• Systems application expertise (PeopleSoft, Oracle, other ERP)
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.