HR Specialist 1 - Payroll and Benefits Svc Delivery
GE Global Operations
Posted 2/3/2017 5:16:00 PM
Job Function:Human Resources
Business Segment: Global Operations Human Resources
Location(s): United States ; New York; Schenectady
About Us: GE Global Operations is GE’s multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. Global Operations delivers processes at scale to create capacity and enables GE growth. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace. We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed… so GE Works. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: As a Payroll & Benefits Specialist - Retirement you will be responsible for ensuring daily service delivery standards are achieved while identifying trends and implementing process improvements by using analytical skills. Operate in a team environment with cross-functional interaction. Identify and resolve operational issues and support process improvements for the team. Work cross functionally with internal teams and suppliers and become a contributing member of the team
Essential Responsibilities: • Ensure daily service delivery standards are achieved for all processing while utilizing the lean management system.
• Drive increased productivity and compliance through process improvements, standardization and simplification within assigned area (s)
• Have creativity and initiative to drive change and meet objectives through prioritization.
• Utilize influencing techniques to meet goals (not sure what this means?)
• Advise on questions/requests/escalations from customers (Businesses, HR, employees) and our Legal and Corporate partners; provide Best in Class customer service.
• Maintain high standards of accuracy and quality to ensure compliance with relevant legal and GE policy requirements
• Participate in internal payroll and benefits audits
• Continuously build knowledge across the COE and share area of expertise with others; keep current with internal and external updates and changes
• Provide ad-hoc operational support for team processes both independently identified and assigned
Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in related area (or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent with at least 4 years of experience in related area)
Desired Characteristics: • Prior experience in Payroll & Benefits preferred
• Solid interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
• Solid understanding of national legislative payroll and benefits rules
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience establishing and maintaining customer and supplier relationships
• Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges; solid analytical skills
• Data privacy and controllership awareness
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.