Business Segment: Global Operations Human Resources
Location(s): United States ; Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands, U.S.; Can be worked from any US GE Site/Center
About Us: GE Global Operations is GE’s shared services organization. We deliver processes in every business and every region around the world. In Finance, Supply Chain, Tax, Commercial Operations, HR Operations, EHS, Enterprise Data and IT, we are simplifying the way we work to create better outcomes at lower cost for GE and our customers. We foster rewarding career opportunities that expand horizons, enhance skills, and maximize potential. We strive to be the world’s best shared services operation, enabling GE's strategy by delivering for our customers, businesses, investors and employees. Find out more at target=“_blank”>http://www.ge.com/careers/global-operations/cincinnati
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The project manager role will be responsible for multiple value-added initiatives to increase the team’s data controllership and Enterprise Standards adherence globally. This role will focus on the project implementation and operational governance of multiple tools (including Oracle HR-to-payroll interfaces and payroll input tools). This is a great opportunity to interact and drive improvements with multiple global regions.
Essential Responsibilities: • Manage multiple projects for the successful implementation of data interfaces between Oracle HR and global payroll systems
• Govern regional teams to ensure operational targets and goals are being met and correct processes followed
• Lead efforts to identify and implement standardization and process improvement opportunities
• Translate customer needs & requirements into detailed project plans. Own the execution of these deliverables; establish & agree on a schedule of activities leading to completion, with clear milestones, deliverables, & acceptance defined criteria
• Manage progress to schedule, budget & quality adherence, using project management methodology throughout project lifecycle.
• Act as the primary contact & functional expert between various stakeholders (global vendors, Oracle HR team, local payroll team, global IT team)
• Work across project work streams to ensure effective integration; seek process improvement opportunities; actively contribute to project rigor & effectiveness
• Expand the team’s data compliance and enterprise standards into all global markets
• Provide regional resources with direction and support while developing a strong working relationship
• Foster an environment of best practice sharing
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field of study (or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent with at least 6 years of experience in Project Management)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a project management/process improvement/quality role or in the relevant functional area
Desired Characteristics: • Experience with GE’s HR and/or payroll tools
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Experience leading medium to large projects
• Lean / Six Sigma certification or experience implementing a Change Acceleration Process (CAP) and facilitating team workouts
• Demonstrated history of high quality work and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, and within a diverse, global team
• Strong organizational skills & ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills- verbal, presentation / facilitation, and written
• Prior project management experience with financial services and/or employee services processes, in a shared services environment
• Excellent written & verbal communications skills; able to articulate technical concepts in non-technical terms
• Project Management Certification Six Sigma / Lean Certification
• Excellent time management & organizational skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, perform in a fast-paced environment & respond quickly
• Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
Locations: United States ; Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands, U.S.; Can be worked from any US GE Site/Center
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.