- GE Digital
- Posted 2/4/2017 6:54:56 AM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This individual will be responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create solutions and services tailored to the needs of the business and external customers. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform
• Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business
• Contributes to design discussions
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
• Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 3+ years of professional experience
• Good knowledge on many from the following technology stack
• Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, MVC, App server Knowledge (TomcatJ Boss), OSGi, SOAP/REST web services
• Excellent knowledge with development tools and integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven - Software development cycle and automated testing experience (TDD/BDD)
• Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
Locations: India; Bangalore