GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store", through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com Qualifications/Requirements:
• Assume responsibility for all project contractual activities from Hand Over from Sales until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved/settled.
• Support project risk and opportunity identification and analysis. Support the management of risks and opportunities by development and implementation of appropriate Project Commercial Execution Plan.
• Identify Customer/Consortium and other third party obligations and develop and implement the Project Commercial Execution Plan, including Project Claim Strategy.
• Preserve GE’s rights and entitlements as provided in the Contract. Ensure proper notices are given in line with contract requirements. Management of claims to/from customers and consortium partners. Support the management of claims to/from Contractors and Suppliers as required.
• Ensure appropriate recovery from third parties.
• Management of customer Variation Requests/Orders.
• Manage Project Insurances. Submit, monitor and settle insurance claims in accordance with the policies.
• Establish and implement project specification contractual procedures, particularly regarding claims, insurance, variation orders, correspondence and notifications.
• Support and guidance to Project team on general contractual issues. Clarification of contractual/legal queries, if required by referring to Legal.
• Provide Contract Management support as required in the event of a (potential) dispute.
• Support contract negotiation by providing feedback from project execution and best practice sharing.
Qualifications / Requirements
• University Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Law.
• Experience in contract commercial activities
• Experience in large complex capital projects and preferable some exposure to Site Construction issues.
• Understanding of Contract Law
• Technical understanding
• Experience of high level negotiations
• Strong communication skills
• Influencing skills
• Intercultural skills
• Analytical skills
• Understanding of project risk management
• Fluency in written and spoken English Locations: