GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store", through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com Qualifications/Requirements:
In the frame of the project he is assigned to, the candidate will:
· Manage and lead the complete project engineering team including engineering subcontractors and internal as well as external interfaces, to provide the required engineering documentation within the time, schedule, with the required quality, with minimum changes whilst meeting the budget targets.
The candidate will support the Project Director, in particularly to:
· Ensure compliance with Corporate, Sector and Business directives and EHS standards.
· Manage the take-over of the Project Engineering from the tender team. Review the technical contractual requirements and analyze the standards and specifications and prepare a detailed engineering execution strategy.
· Manage the Project Engineering team including engineering subcontractors,
· Ensure that the design is according to the applicable rules, regulations codes and standards and according to good engineering practice as well as with regard to Environmental aspects and Health & Safety of Site Personal, Operators, maintenance personnel and third parties.
· Ensure the fulfilment of the technical contractual requirements, including the project requirements for standards and specifications, documentation considering commitments to the Customer, site and the Partners, etc…
· Raise in due time deviation requests to the contractual requirements in order to achieve or improve cost and time schedule and associated risks.
· Ensure that the reference design is used to a maximum extent and approve deviations for the reference design respective tender design only after proper validation and after consultation with the Project Director.
· Prepare and control the planning and progress measurement for all engineering activities.
· Ensure proper quality control of all engineering activities including engineering subcontractors.
· Ensure that the engineering as well as the sequence of engineering is optimized with construction.
· Control the design review program.
· Ensure the design freezes and control the change request process.
· Perform technical risk assessment and corresponding risk reviews.
· Always optimize technical solutions.
· Strive for overall cost and project schedule reduction.
· Assess, approve and expedite technical aspects of change orders.
· Establish with Procurement and ensure implementation of the Engineering and procurement strategy (EPP).
· Control supplier selection process and support procurement in the negotiations with suppliers.
· Compile and check the project engineering file (PEF) and provide input to the project management file (PMF).
· Resolve all open technical issues between the Partners in the best interests of the project.
· Provide support for technical issues linked to overall time schedule problems and define appropriate activities for a recovery plan.
· Manage and control all technical issues of MoM and agreements between the Partners,
· Participants and the Customer as well as technical Consultants, Authorities, etc…
· Ensure timely response on technical issues internally as well as to the Customer or his Representative. Compile open issues and maintain comment list accordingly.
· Release and approve the engineering documents.
· Ensure proper rollout and application of EPC and Engineering Tools.
· Ensure that the overall performance test procedures are in the line with the project strategy.
· Provide technical support to the claim management.
· Report the project status according to the established requirements.
· Provide input to lessons learnt / experience return (REX) and project close-out.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
· Master degree in an Engineering discipline or extensive experience in the field of Engineering.
· At least 10 years professional experience in Project Engineering or in Power Plant Engineering.
· At least 5 years of experience in a management function or an education and experience assessed to be equivalent to the above.
· Good knowledge in all engineering disciplines involved in Power Plant design.
· Detailed knowledge in the activity of water/steam cycle, BOP, arrangement, piping and valves, electrical, civil and construction engineering.
· Good knowledge of the processes in Engineering and its interfaces, particularly procurement processes and construction processes.
· Good knowledge of Engineering and Project management tools.
· Able to motivate people, to encourage creativity and create team spirit; good coaching skills.
· Leadership and assertiveness.
· Willing to take responsibility.
· Able to delegate and to control.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Fluent English written and spoken
· Able to motivate people, to encourage creativity and create team spirit. Good coaching skills
· Able to communicate at all levels: Customer, Hierarchy, Team members, etc.
· Conflict solving skills
· Good knowledge in all engineering disciplines involved in Thermal Power Plant design
· Good knowledge of the processes in Engineering and its interfaces, particularly Procurement processes and Construction processes
· Good knowledge of Engineering and Project management tool
· At least 1 year site experience. Locations: