GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store", through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com Qualifications/Requirements:
code, customer, and industry requirements);
- Serve as the point of contact for any external groups regarding unit’s quality;
- Audit any processes (including: production, quality, product management, supplier functions) to
assure that deliverables meet the product expectations/ requirements. Document the results;
- Track the CoPQ for the unit;
- Review all unit quality-related documents (including: NCRs, QC/ manufacturing reports and
procedures, required supplier deliverables, engineering drawings and specifications);
- Provide guidance to the Alstom Quality Control Managers of the unit;
- Perform and document random, periodic inspections of product;
- Review any customer and industry feedback to improve quality of Alstom deliverables;
- Aid in identifying and implementing improvements to products, processes, and procedures
using CARs, PARs, and/or the Lessons Learned database;
- Generate corrective action documents for deficient processes, neglected procedures, or
failures in system controls;
- Use problem solving methods to correct and eliminate reoccurrences of production issues
detected by QC processes.
· Bachelor degree;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Strong amount of knowledge on industrial manufacturing procedures;
· Knowledge of quality assurance methods/procedures;
· Certified ISO 9000 Auditor;
· Six Sigma Green Belt;
· Certified Code or Welding Inspector (i.e. AI, CWI, EWC, or equiv.);
· Able to interpret common NDE test results (including Radiography film);
· Special Regional Requirement for India: This position requires an engineering diploma.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional quality assurance or quality control experience
- in (Alstom product similar) manufacturing or construction industry;
- Good understanding of quality assurance methods and tools (including knowledge of
- inspection and test planning tools, as well as problem-solving tools);
- Strong-level of understanding/reading engineering-drawings and P&IDs;
- Experience reviewing quality documentation and auditing quality programs.
- Able to self-manage;
- Able to effectively work in a team;
- Able to effectively communicate with vendors, customers, and other Company personnel
- verbally and/or using written reports;
- Able to interface effectively;
- Able to understand and create systematic, quality-based procedures;
- Able to identify potential quality risks;
- Personal commitment to quality;
- High level of professional integrity;
- Good understanding of word processor and .pdf viewing/ editing (Adobe) software;
- Maintain compliance with Alstom EHS Standards and Code of Ethics;
- Willingness to understand and work-with other cultures.
· Major in Mechanical is preferred;
- Engineering preferred;
- Certified coating inspector (ex. NACE Coating Inspector- Level 1 or equiv.);
- Certified Inspector in Non-Destructive Test Method (i.e. ASNT Level 2, Radiograph
- Interpreter, or equiv.)
- Functional understanding of Alstom’s organization and processes;
- Six Sigma Black Belt;
- Knowledge of Alstom product line equipment.
- Experience on a construction site;
- Experience in a fabrication facility;
- Experience in a material/ product testing environment.
- Negotiation skills;
- Management skills.
- Any other native language where assigned Alstom unit has a presence.