GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store", through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com Qualifications/Requirements:
· Work with Sourcing on supplier pricing; with proposal managers to determine the scope and schedule; and with project engineers to determine the technical scope of the work.
· Develop and update cost calculation of tendering projects or other assigned projects, including Consolidated Cost Sheet (CCS), Currency Split, Cash Flow, Cost Solidity, Balanced Scorecard etc., based on specific Division of Work or Scope of Work, specific or reference Tender Time Schedule (Project Schedule), Tax Advice, Forward Rates, BoQ or Equipment Lists, TI Sheets, Layout Drawing, P&ID or PFD, Single Line Diagram, Control Configuration Diagram etc.
· Prepare cost analysis, e.g. cost comparisons.
· Act as point of contact to other departments for costing in terms of finance, tax, insurance, foreign currency exchange, labor rates, equipment costs etc. during the proposal process.
· Participate in Bid Evaluation, Pre-Contract Engineering Gate Reviews, Cost Review, Risk Review and other relevant pre-contract reviews as required.
· Ensure the costs are consistent with the scope of supply.
· Ensure the integrity (accuracy and completeness) and competiveness of the costs in accordance to the Alstom full cost model
· Ensure costing optimization.
· Consolidate the CCS, Cash Flow, Scorecard, Currency Split etc. if several units are involved (Role of lead unit)
· Participate in the development of costing tools to improve the effectiveness of the costing process.
Ensure that the standardized Cost Calculation Tool and Costing databases are properly maintained.
· Coordinate and facilitate implementation of corporate initiatives in pre-contract proposal submittals; to include:
o 6 Sigma actions
o Cost reduction actions
o Global Sourcing actions
o Projects Lessons Learned feedback
· Implement Corporate and Business Environmental, Health, Safety, Quality policies. Implement corporate ethical policies.
· Office work environment. Traveling to sites from time to time
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or Business
· Knowledge of power plant and/or air pollution control equipment and components (Material Estimator and Construction Estimator).
· Knowledge of productivity factors for labour (Construction Estimator).
· Knowledge of international trading and financial issues including taxation.
· Good personal computer skills. Proficient in MS Excel.
· Proactive, trustworthy, reliable and loyal.
· Fast learning capability
· Ability to read drawings and engineering documents
· Ability to manage entire cost calculation with supports from Senior Cost Estimator, Tendering Manager or Head of Tendering, if required
· Good team player.
· Consciousness of risks
· Good at English in both reading and writing.
· Experience in the following fields related to power generation industry or technology-based projects business, particularly in Air Quality Control industry, is preferable
o Cost Controlling
o Cost Estimating,
o Construction services. Locations: