GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store", through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com Qualifications/Requirements:
- Interpret project specification, building code and design manual information.
- Institute new designs based on Lessons Learned Database and Cost out results.
- Analyses the technical proposal, contract, specifications and applicable Lessons Learned relative to discipline in the project and ensures conformance to contract for all discipline engineering and material.
- Schedule discipline engineering work and monitor the schedule.
- Follow the engineering procedures defined for each project (e.g.: correspondence coding, document flow procedure, document coding procedure, templates and standards for electronic documents).
- Assign, monitor and review the work of the project-assigned discipline engineers, and 3rd party engineers.
- Produce engineering documents, drawings, material requisitions(MR), 3D model, clash check report, Materials take off(MTO), etc.
- Be responsible for the deliverables of all the coordination drawings, such as:
- Equipments general arrangements(GA)
- Plant general arrangements (including plot plan, plan view, sections views)
- Stairs and access arrangement
- Battery limits, etc.
- Identify the contract code for the piping systems, verify and update the piping classes according to the contract requirements.
- Prepare/check piping stress calculation and pipe design criteria.
- Estimate and monitor expended man-hours and material estimates and report updated man-hour projections on a regular basis.
- Deliver checked and approved work packages (drawings, calculations, specifications, bills of materials, material requisitions, etc.) to the Project Engineering Manager (PEM) on schedule and within budget.
- Provide technical support and coordination during fabrication, construction, check-out and start-up activities.
- Ensure all outputs are documented and archived per applicable ISO Procedures and/or Work instructions.
- Report all the variances from the “as sold” project, design leader has to ask to the Project Engineer Manager/Project Manager the authorization to proceed by means of approval of the variance and require his approval before proceed.
- Support the PEM, the Project Manager and/or the contract manager about the technical issues of the claims to/from the client/partners/subcontractors.
- Support the PEM to solve the NCR coming from site.
- Definition of document list portion relevant to A&P discipline.
- Report the project situation (for the A&P scope) to the Discipline Manager (DM) during the discipline meeting.
- Report to the Discipline Manager the technical problem found during the project execution and the solution realized.
- Support the Discipline Manager in the standard definition (template, guideline, design manual, material requisition, standard material take off, etc.).
- Support the Discipline Manager with the information for the tender database.
- Other tasks assigned by Discipline Manager or Lead Engineer.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ industrial experience in Air Pollution Control/Oil & Gas / Power / Chemical industries after BS, or 6 years after MS degree;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Proficient with PDMS, AutoCAD;
- Proficient with Caesar II;
- Proficiency in English;
- International standard about piping classes;
- Technical skills in piping and layout discipline;
- Maintenance concept/Transportation concept
- General knowledge in mechanical and structural engineers;
- Organizing and coordinating skills;
- Team player;
- Ability to prioritize workload and keep the baseline;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- MS/PhD degree is a plus.
- Certified engineer or registered engineer is preferred.
- Experience in leading discipline engineering team in projects.