The Customer Field Application Engineer reports to the Leader of Customer Field Application team, Steam Power Systems Rotating Equipment Nuclear.
- In charge of the Rotating Equipment Field Application during ITO phase (Inquiry to Order) for Nuclear Steam Turbine Generators and HEX equipment (TGP) and is the first point of contact for the Regional Sales team for all TGP projects.
- Provides Sales support during pre-acquisition, with product presentations, showing differentiators towards competition and assesses competitiveness. Provides costings and market price for the TGP products for Budget / Indicative offers.
- Participates or provides inputs to R0 and R1 reviews, under Sales leadership
- After BidNoBid decision (R1), leads the tender preparation for RE scope of supply
- The RE Deal Team will consist of the Customer Field Application Engineer, working in cooperation with the STHX Tender Engineer, and with other Product Lines Tender Engineers, as required (Generators, Pumps...)
The Customer Field Application Engineer
- Ensures the Completeness of the scope of supply and costs, delivery terms, completeness of risk analysis
- Ensures the completeness of deviations to customer’s enquiry
- Support for product specific techno-commercial topics (performance and availability guarantees, LD's, etc.)
- Drives competitive position (cost, technical performances, lead time and specification alignment) for tenders under his/her responsibility
- Prepares reviews for costing & technical comments, including risk analysis
- Is the interface to Sales for projects allocated and ensures with the support of Tender Engineering, on-time, accurate and competitive tenders, meeting customer requirements, applicable rules, regulations, codes and standards, aligned with the overall sales strategy including:
• Updating records of RE Products in Salesforce tool, including RE contributions to Deal Management.
• Participation and input to the RE Tender Reviews for the product offered, covering all technical, scope, cost and risk aspects.
• Provides Sales or consortium Sales Manager with the necessary data for the risk review process Provides Commercial Finance with the necessary data for the cost-to-price process (e.g. detailed cost tables, cost base date, cost solidity, currencies of origin, cash-out details, offshore and onshore split…).
• Responsible of Technical Tender Quality with respect to competitiveness, responsiveness, and delivery on time to Sales, as well as adequacy with the bid strategy, and oversees commenting of technical specs to avoid disqualification or excessive loading.
• In charge of the technical contract negotiation for Steam Turbine Generator sets as part of the project sales team.
• Participates and provides input for technical strategy reviews of the tender projects, together with Sales Project Lead.
- Leads handover of technical portion, delivery schedule, and costs to Execution for RE contractual scope of supply, with all relevant documents and information prepared and checklists prefilled, as per hand-over procedures
- Supports the project manager in open questions coming from the tendering and project start phase and helps to solve these open items
- Collects market information for the product incl. technical requirements and evaluation criteria, for establishment of the market price and ensures timely and detailed feedback to product management.
- Engineering and/or business administration degree from an accredited university or college
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience in leading teams in sales, tendering or project management role for key power plant component and / or integrated power plants
- Strong track record in contract negotiations in the power industry
- Chinese and English (fluent in writing and speaking).
- Strongly customer-oriented person, committed to deliver the optimum solutions to the clients’ requirements, driven by client’s satisfaction and success on the market, with high degree of cost consciousness
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and team building skills; proven ability to work well in a matrix environment
- Able to build a connection to key stakeholders and establish credibility quickly. Manage and resolve conflicts
- Clear thinker with an ability to prioritize. Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely. Strong interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Deep market and product knowledge of Steam Turbine Generator Sets
- Proven success in managing complex sales and/or tender projects and in developing appropriate partnerships with a vast spread of stakeholders
- Ability to travel regularly on short notice
- Strong presentation skills