Manage the contracts from cradle to grave including supporting the project execution and providing supports on contract negotiation.
• Assume responsibility for all project contractual activities from Hand Over from Sales until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved/settled.
• Support project risk and opportunity identification and analysis. Support the management of risks and opportunities by development and implementation of appropriate Project Commercial Execution Plan.
• Identify Customer/Consortium and other third party obligations and develop and implement the Project Commercial Execution Plan, including Project Claim Strategy.
• Preserve GE’s rights and entitlements as provided in the Contract. Ensure proper notices are given in line with contract requirements. Management of claims to/from customers and consortium partners. Support the management of claims to/from Contractors and Suppliers as required.
• Ensure appropriate recovery from third parties.
• Management of customer Variation Requests/Orders.
• Manage Project Insurances. Submit, monitor and settle insurance claims in accordance with the policies.
• Establish and implement project specification contractual procedures, particularly regarding claims, insurance, variation orders, correspondence and notifications.
• Support and guidance to Project team on general contractual issues. Clarification of contractual/legal queries, if required by referring to Legal.
• Provide Contract Management support as required in the event of a (potential) dispute.
• Support contract negotiation by providing feedback from project execution and best practice sharing.
Qualifications / Requirements
• University Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Law.
• 10+ years of experience in contract commercial activities and/or project management
• Experience in large complex capital projects and preferable some exposure to Site Construction issues.
• Understanding of Contract Law
• Technical understanding
• Experience of high level negotiations
• Strong communication skills
• Influencing skills
• Intercultural skills
• Analytical skills
• Understanding of project risk management
• Fluency in written and spoken English Locations: