GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store", through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com
The Welding Engineer position with GE Clean Combustion supplies technological support in the Manufacturing and Product Cost Group. The Welding Engineer provides welding engineering consulting services for engineering, manufacturing, and quality departments at various GE Clean Combustion locations. In addition he develops, qualifies and provides technical expertise with new procedures and welding techniques to support the fabrication of boiler pressure parts. Participate in welding engineering and advanced manufacturing projects. (Welding, Robotics, Controls/Sensors)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Provide welding engineering support to our various manufacturing locations for required welding procedures, new fabrication practices and heat treatments and provide welding engineering support to Engineering and Quality as needed.
• Ensure welding program meets appropriate requirements of applicable Codes, Standards Customer contract and GE requirements
• Participate in welding problem investigations and new developments in the field of welding to evaluate their possible application to improve or remedy existing welding processes.
• Ensure WPS are supported by appropriate procedure qualifications (PQRs) as required to meet codes and standards in all our plants.
• Reviews new editions of Codes and Standards and communicates changes which affect current process procedures, Quality Programs etc. to allow revisions by local entities to be made.
• Review and comment of customer specifications for RFQ support
• Reviews and validates Welding Procedure Specifications from factories as required.
• Assists in the preparation of Welding Procedure Specifications as needed for special contracts.
• Prepares Global Manufacturing and Process Specifications.
• Review CAPEX and purchase requisitions for special contract welding equipment and materials and prepare justification for investments to reduce cost.
• Assist in development of special prototype welding equipment and new welding processes for improved product quality and reduced product cost.
• Identify new weld and ancillary processes, and development and implementation of those processes into manufacturing activities.
• Analyze engineering designs for welding requirements and Identify new / best technology for project execution for welding and heat treatment of products.
• Ensure factories are compliant with process control requirements.
• Assist plants in failure analyses and root cause analysis on welding related issues.
• Support other Cost Down and Manufacturing improvement initiatives.
• Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Welding, Materials, or Welding Technology
• Desirable - IWE Diploma or equivalent
• Have knowledge of codes and standards for welding and construction e.g. ASME, EN, GB, IBR etc.
• Familiar with GTAW, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW techniques, etc.
• Experienced in the fabrication of Pressure Parts
• Understanding of Inspection and NDE techniques
• Knowledgeable in Heat treatment practices.
• Knowledgeable with mechanization and automation of welding processes
• Knowledgeable in welding of advanced materials e.g. Creep Strength Enhanced Ferritic Steels, Nickel Base Alloys, Advanced Stainless steels
• Strong oral and written communication skills to and have the ability to document, plan, and execute programs
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to lead programs / projects Locations: