At GE O&G Digital, we are creating technology and software to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial IOT. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines We enable customers to collect data via various modality ranging from IOT sensors on the asset to flying a drone to capture images. This peta bytes of data is pushed to the cloud, cleansed and we enable analytics & machine learning to predict the machine health, prevent unplanned down time and avoid unnecessary maintenance. This optimizes production and results in a direct improvement to customer’s bottom-line. Watch more here GE’s breaking Science in IOT or Minds and Machines 2016 .
Responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create industrial internet products and services tailored to the needs of the GE businesses and external customers. Deep technical expertise within a field. Has comprehensive knowledge of underlying principles, approaches and methodology. Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction across multiple teams or complex product line.
- Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
- Review and/or analyze and develop architectural at domain level and across multiple teams.
- Participate in the EA business-wide and domain governance model.
- Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities to for multiple teams or complex scenarios.
- Provide leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout the domain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 8 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across product lines.
- At least 2+ years of experience in architect role, preferable on the Web based applications
- Expert level knowledge in developing scalable generic software frameworks for application development preferably in Java.
- Expert level knowledge in design patterns, data structures & algorithms and experienced in using them in the language of choice.
- Expert level knowledge in building applications using microservices architecture on the cloud using Java Technologies capable of storing and processing large volume data
- Expert-level knowledge of Spring (MVC, Data JPA, Security, Boot, Batch), REST APIs, JSON and xml
- Skilled in using Relational and NoSQL database platforms for application development.
- Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules
- Previous experience with PaaS and application development on the cloud
- Experience with GIT for code version control
- Knowledge on Web application security
- Experience with Industrial protocols like Modbus, EGD, OPC and other IOT protocols etc.
- Experience on Linux preferably embedded Linux and connectivity of devices to cloud.
- Expert-level knowledge of Network protocol (Layer 3-4: IP/TCP/UDP/ICMP, Layer 7: HTTP, DNS)
- Experience working Open Stack cloud deployment
- Experience working on connectivity of devices to cloud applications or ERP systems
- Knowledge of Web security