GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Come and join a growing and exciting Digital Team at GE Digital Solutions in Leicester as a Web Applications Developer.
The team are developing new Digital Pressure Sensors, Calibrators and Controller product lines, we truly are living the Digital Industrial Revolution. We are looking for candidates with a great imagination to help give our equipment a voice.
Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay Apply
Closing Date: 8/7/17
- Reporting to the Software Manager, provide technical solutions to enhance the current range of instruments and portable devices.
- Ensuring requirements are captured, specified & translated correctly into cohesive development & verification plans.
- Developing Applications using HTML5, Java, Maven, JSON, Restful-API
- Developing lower level application code (C#/C++/COM) for desktop applications.
- Writing of debug level software/firmware/user interfaces
- Solid commercial experience with effective full-lifecycle development, including requirements and reviews
- Java, C++ and C# software programming and development experience
- HTML5/PHP5/ASP.NET developer capable of delivering solid OO design using Test Driven Development
- Web Server admin, experienced in configuration, deployment & security on server platforms
- Proven Web Developer with MVC/Frameworks and CSS experience
- Production of architectural and detailed designs
- Time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
- Awareness of cyber security related issues and countermeasures
- Work within an Agile development environment
- Testing using industry recognised software (e.g. Selenium)
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
- Implementation of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
- Web Server administration, installation and security
- Database design, administration and optimization e.g. Postgres, etc.
- Development of instrumentation and sensor/metrology related software solutions
- Development of software architectural design and detailed design using UML including design for test
- Experience with Change and Configuration tools, such as Github, Synergy, Clearcase, Serena Dimensions, etc.
- Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
- Manufacturing support and ability to solve manufacturing related problems quickly
- High standard of documentation as evidence of conformity
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester