Location(s): United States; California; San Francisco Bay area
About Us: What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
GE Healthcare Life Sciencesprovides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what’s needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow. We add value to our customers by:
Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: As a Contrast Media Sales Specialist you will be responsible for selling both cardiology imaging agents and contrast media (i.e. Optison, Omnipaque, Visipaque, Omniscan) produced by GE Healthcare Medical Diagnostics. The sales specialists will be responsible for generating demand for these products and services for assigned accounts within a specific geography.
Essential Responsibilities: Financial Performance
1. Is accountable to achieve orders and sales OP target for assigned accounts and or territory
2. Provide input to deal pricing strategy and ensure pricing compliance for segment opportunities
3. Forecast orders and sales within the applicable sales funnel tools and reports for products in the assigned territory/accounts
Territory & Account Management
1. Create business plans for territory/assigned accounts including, but not limited to opportunity development, competitive strategies and targets
2. Build strong business relationships and formulate account strategies and plans to continuously strengthen relationships within the assigned accounts/territory
Identify & respond to key account technical and departmental decision makers’ needs and maintain customer contact records in Salesforce.com
3. Continuously develop and improve a network of key opinion leaders within the assigned territory
4. Track and communicate market trends to/from the field including competitor data, and develop and lead effective counter-strategies
Product & Market Expertise
1. Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of contrast media solutions. Be able to present and discuss the technology and clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers
2. Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge related to the contrast media industry
3. Continuously update their understanding the customers changing clinical and/or operational issues and challenges
4. Create viable product configurations which meet customer needs effectively, while achieving optimum margin for GE
5. Differentiate assigned product offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome for GE
6. Represent the company at relevant medical conferences and technical exhibitions to promote product/solution and company
1. Identify and create new opportunities and work with sales leaders and account teams (where applicable) to continuously increase prospect funnel
2. Drive tender/bid process including the needs qualification, vendor selection, quotation and closure of their product/solution/service opportunities to meet orders, sales and margin targets as well as to maximize customer satisfaction assigned territory
3. Create and maintain opportunities in Salesforce.com
4. Ownership of order and configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy, configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs
5. Estimate date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of the company's production and delivery schedules ensuring fulfillment of the order is according to customer expectations and enhances customer satisfaction
6. One GEHC teamwork
7. Contribute to account plans where applicable at accounts covered by account managers/executives
8. Continuously educate and coach account team members on their product/service/solution strategy and offerings
9. Collaborate with and leverage subject matter experts and other resources within GEHC channels to build relationships and secure business
10. Share and follow-up identified leads to other product lines within own accounts and or One GEHC accounts
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Qualifications/Requirements: 1. Associate's Degree or minimum 5 years of selling experience in a medical, healthcare or technical field( e.g. biomedical engineering, medical physics) or Life Sciences field
2. Previous experience in the Healthcare Industry
3. Ability to interface with both internal team members and external customers as part of solutions based sales approach
4. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
5. Strong capacity and drive to develop career
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language as well as good command of English
7. Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages
8. Excellent organizational skills
9. Excellent negotiation & closing skills
10. Strong presentation skills
11. Able to live and travel within assigned geography (Bay Area).
12. Valid motor vehicle license
13. Up to 40% travel is required.
Desired Characteristics: 1. Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) and minimum 5 years of selling experience in a medical, healthcare or technical field( e.g. biomedical engineering, medical physics) or Life Sciences field
2. Proven and progressive previous experience in sales/services/promotion to C-suite and technical decision makers e.g. CEOs, Strategic Planning Directors, Facilities/Estates managers, Biomedical Engineers, nursing staff, medical specialty staff (Anesthesiology, Radiology, Intensive care, Nuclear Physicists etc.)
Locations: United States; California; San Francisco Bay area
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.