GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Global Operations is GE’s multi-functional shared services. We operate worldwide, transfer knowledge and work with every GE business to make our company simpler, better and more customer-focused. Our culture promotes innovation, knowledge sharing, and collaboration in an open office environment that has leaders both sitting and working alongside their team. We’re looking for entrepreneurial problem-solvers who are passionate about exploring new, efficient ways of working, while gaining exposure across multiple industries. Join the team and help us deliver tomorrow’s GE, today.
Find out more at http://www.ge.com/careers/global-operations/cincinnati
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Lead Sourcing Indirect Specialist will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role, you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
• Act as the site Indirect Sourcing Leader and support the wider GOS indirect commodity teams
• Understand and be accountable for sourcing compliance and its documentation
• Contract with suppliers for new product, services, processes, issue PO as required
• Understand strategies for the Cardiff site and proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives
• Identify and qualify new suppliers
• Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability
• Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, synergies for cost out
• Drive productivity opportunities with supply base to deliver cost out goals
• Support commodity buys
• Control the site spend activity and supplier performance
• Analyze and track supplier service delivery
• Hold regular reviews with suppliers and develop improvement plans to exceed minimum KPI’s.
• Drive effective recovery plans and create payment tracking and invoice analysis, tracking / invoice analysis
• Member of or working towards CIPS
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Extensive years of experience in a Sourcing role
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
Senior Buyer experience within the aerospace environment is desirable.
Candidate must also be able to present evidence of
• Prior experience in procurement/commodity management
• Change leadership experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to anticipate supplier needs and ensure that they are met
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills Locations:
United Kingdom; Cardiff