GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business. Follow GE Power & Water on Twitter @GE_PowerWater.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
We are strengthening our installation team by recruiting a home- based engineer located in Cumbria - Shropshire - West Yorkshire (Carlisle – Telford – Huddersfield).
We are looking for someone with a hands-on approach to specify equipment that meets our customer's needs, enjoys working with a diverse range of clients and colleagues, and thrives on the autonomy to manage and deliver multiple projects at the same time.
Training will be provided along with benefits package including company car and a flexible range of benefit options.
As a Chemfeed Engineer you will have a diverse workload and will obtain tremendous job satisfaction from the impact you make.
• Work on projects often requiring independent decision making. These projects are normally scoped to last between 2 and 6 months in duration
• Supports commissioning activities and/or implementation of systems at customer locations
• Manage multiple projects in varying levels of execution and project value
• Work with current account managers and customers to identify technical solution for their site, always being aware of commercially acceptable methods
• Coordinate support resources to deliver projects on or below budget
• Participate in customer site visits to design chemical dosing solutions while assessing the product, pressure and flow requirements considering onsite restrictions or operation approaches.
• Manage customer satisfaction levels and escalate any customer concerns
• Coordinate proposal activity reports
• Participate and be proactive as a local member of the ChemFeed Team with execution improvement suggestions
ITO - Process Requirements
• Review Chemfeed Qualifier (CFQ) and innovation template for technical information
• • Use previous engineering reviews/work scopes and clarify with Chemfeed lead and/or Account Manager
• Produce working drawings/sketches
• Request third party installation cost quotes
• Determine material requirement and request quotes
• Generate Cost Sheet
OTR - Process Requirements
Candidate will be a key member of the OTR team ensuring all necessary resources are pulled together to deliver the project scope, on time and on or below budget. Work will include but not limited to: Qualifications/Requirements:
• Validate Order Scope
• Validate costs and sell prices
• Obtain valid offers from suppliers for out of date quotes
• Complete Material Requisition for site and sub contract delivery
• Send quotes, costing sheet, customer PI & requisition to customer services
• Attend Kick-off meetings
• Manage project plan
• Attend site based FA T's
• Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Qualification or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Working experience as a Chemfeed / Project / Installation Engineer in this or a similar field
• Proven experience running installation projects
• Availability to travel up to 60% of the working week within your assigned area, with travel further afield as per operational requirements
• Candidate must hold a valid UK driving license
• AutoCAD skills
• MS Project experience or similar Project Management system experience
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
United Kingdom; Manchester, Huddersfield, Rochdale, Leeds, Bradford