GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business. Follow GE Power & Water on Twitter @GE_PowerWater.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Field Service Representative (FSR) performs Mobile Water and B.O.O. (Build, Own, and Operate) field operation/installation and capital equipment installation of demineralization, de-oxygenation, reverse osmosis, and other customized water purification applications. This is a permanent job and we are looking for experienced candidates but other qualified applicants with strong practical skills are also eligible. Essential Responsibilities:
Continuation of Role Summary / Purpose:
This role covers a region from Birmingham to Kent and the successful candidate will need to reside within the region.
• Installs and services chemical feed and water treatment equipment at designated locations. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Acts as technical consultant and liaison with customer management and technical counterparts.
• Provides service and support to customer sites within region and nationwide as needed.
• Coordinates functions with Field Services Management.
• Performs water analysis and/or collects samples for preparation, labeling and shipment to designated laboratory for analysis.
• Write on site report based on any work carried out at site
• Troubleshoots and repairs pumps, instruments and control panels.
• Calibrates feed pumps, controllers, feed rate charts and maintains log sheets.
• Conducts preventative maintenance on chemical feed pumps, controllers and instrumentation.
• Maintains inventory of spare parts (lube oil, tubing, piping, etc.), and adequate supply of reagents, sample containers, and shipment containers necessary for routine as well as special sampling and analysis.
• Relays Customer feedback to Sales and/or Technical Department.
• Recommends appropriate procedural and/or policy changes that will help overall effectiveness.
• Travels to and remains at all assigned job-sites until assigned tasks are completed.
• Remains on call-out duty if and when required.
• Conducts training of customer personnel to enable them to operate equipment safely and effectively.
• Conducts training of company trainees in the various technical functions encompassed by the position of Field Service Representative.
• Minimum Degree in Science or Engineering, or Higher Technical Certificate/Apprenticeship with relevant experience or equivalent knowledge and experience
• A Level Chemistry desired
• Full UK Driving license
• Ability to manage senior stakeholders
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Desire to travel Locations:
• Practical ‘hands on experience’ gained either through course work, work experience or outside interests
• Ability to work alone or as part of a small team with minimum supervision
• Able to handle multiple task requests and prioritize
• Able to work in busy environment
• Confident manner
United Kingdom; UK South